Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading indigenous non-profit organisations in Nigeria committed improving the quality of life of underserved and vulnerable communities by promoting access to quality health care and harnessing community capacities for sustainable development.
We are a national, non-governmental organisation established in 1989 and registered in 1991, with a headquarter in Ibadan and three other offices in Abuja, Kaduna and Katsina respectively. Our mission is to initiate, promote and implement in partnership with other organisations, developmental, HIV & AIDS, SRH and family planning program and interventions for young people and adult through capacity building, technical assistance, operations research, and evaluation to improve the quality of life in Nigeria and elsewhere in Africa.
Our programmes focus on mobilising people for behavioural and attitudinal changes that promote best sexual and reproductive health practices in order to reduce diseases burden, particularly STIs, HIV/AIDS, Malaria and Tuberculosis which are currently devastating families and communities in Nigeria and globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Adhoc Staff – GF TB Grant
Locations: Delta, Kogi and Nassarawa
Employment Type: Full-time
Specific Responsibilities on Community TB Intervention
- Must maintain a very good working relationship with the STBLCP/LGA TBLS and CBOs
- Conducts visits to the CBO to review their documents and tools to ascertain the presumptive and positive TB cases in their registers
- Conduct visits to the DOTS and Lab facilities to verify presumptive and diagnosed TB cases from the community/CBO in the facility and lab registers
- Ensure that the test results of sputum samples supplied from the CBO/community are promptly released to CBO/ DOTS facilities
- Ensure that all the diagnosed TB cases from the community are also in the LGA register and receiving treatment
- Collate the verified results from the facilities and CBOs on monthly basis and report to ARFH for payment to CBO (Report to ARFH must be done on the 2ndday of the new month)
- Report and Liaise with ARFH for data collection, analysis and reporting on ACF activities to ARFH.
- Support the CBO in the documentation of retirements for advances received and sign off the fund advance retirement form.
- Collect and collate the retirements and report of activities (program and financial) implemented for advances provided to CBOs on or before TWO days after the MONTH of implementation and send soft copy of report to ARFH.
- Summarize the collated data from the CBO report and share with TBLS and STBLCP.
- Facilitate the capturing of Community TB data by the TBLS and ensure the data is presented at the State Review Meeting of the STBLCP.
- On a monthly basis, collect case finding Report from the TBLS of the implementing LGAs. (Must maintain a very good working relationship with the TBLS)
- Perform oversight functions to the CBOs/NGO and Community Workers (CWs) on the modalities and implementation of Active case findings (ACF) in the selected slums.
- Submit Hard copy to ARFH on monthly basis. (Preparation of weekly program implementation briefs, workplans, budgets and other working documents and reports, as required).
- Hold meeting with CBO member and CWs during supportive supervision to strengthen service delivery.
Representation and Advocacy Functions:
- Representing ARFH in relevant fora with a view to providing meaningful inputs to promote and advance the objectives of the organization.
- Carry out ongoing advocacy to maximize partners/donors and philanthropic support towards the realization of goal of the project and priorities.
- Support the identification of sources of funding within the State.
Required Number of Hours and Days:
- A maximum of eight (8) hours per day is required for this service. It is regarded that forty (40) hours will be spent per week, which can be used any day qualitatively.
Required Skills and Experience
- HND or B.Sc degree in Social Science and/or international development or a related discipline;
- Must have worked on Tuberculosis (TB) Active Case Search Intervention with CBO’s supported by Global Fund
- Must have mentored/supervised the community TB workers
- Must have served as a link between the community and the health facilities (DOTS Clinics) working closely with LGA TBLS
- Must have been involved in TB M&E data collation and verification
- A minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible experience for work
- Must be Fluent in English and local language is required (oral and written).
Deadline: 17th March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should complete their Online Form in the link below and send their comprehensive CV and Cover Letter, in only one attachment (MS Word document), explaining suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please indicate the title of post and State applied for in the subject line of the email.
- Applicants who failed to comply with the above instructions will be disqualified while only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees. Candidates must provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of the referees.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).