Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Interviewer
Locations: Arewa, Suru and Fakai – Kebbi
Period of engagement: 3 months (May 2021 to July 2021)
Number of Working Days: TBD
Number Required: 1 per LGA (Arewa, Suru, and Fakai) in Kebbi State.
Despite improvements, Breakthrough ACTION and USAID Advancing Nutrition research findings from ongoing nutritional programs have identified challenges in user-friendly, client-centered job aids to improve nutrition behaviors. This project aims to take a human-centered design approach to explore the complementary feeding practices and to design and test prototypes for novel social and behavior change methods to support Community Health Workers (CHWs) engagement with communities and caregivers of children under 5 years on adequate complementary feeding. This intervention is expected to be conducted in Arewa, Suru, and Fakai LGAs in Kebbi State.
- The Interviewer will be responsible for conducting in-person interviews with participants identified and recruited under four (4) cohorts (Community Health Workers, Household influencers, Mothers and Primary Caregivers and Community Leaders) using the Line of Enquiry.
Scope of Work
As an Interviewer, you are required to:
- Providing the participant with information about the purpose of the research and what is expected of their participation, obtain, and capture their consent to participate.
- Participate in daily meetings to collate learnings from interviews and contribute to discussions on themes from interviews.
- Facilitate/support other research-related activities as assigned.
- Interview selected study participants within the four cohorts at household and community level within the stated time frame.
- Record interviews with electronic devices (as applicable) and transfer notes to summary sheets and other formats as required.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Highly skilled and experienced in conducting qualitative interviews and data collection.
- Familiarity with and understanding of the local cultures and traditions.
- Previous experience in conducting human-centered design formative assessment or qualitative research is highly desired.
- Excellent attention to detail and willingness to learn new ways of working.
- Possess a minimum of Post-secondary School Certificate.
- Must have a functional google account and is able to use the same.
- Ability to read and write in English and Hausa languages fluently.
- Good community engagement and interpersonal communication skills.
- A curious mind with good listening and note-taking skills.
- Able to commit to the time required for the research activity.
- Previous experience in human-centered design interventions or qualitative research studies is highly desired.
Deadline: 30th April, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Consultancy Title and Location as the subject of the email.