Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Mobilizer
Locations: Arewa, Suru and Fakai – Kebbi
Period of engagement: 3 months (May 2021 to July 2021)
Number of Working Days: TBD
Number Required: 2 per LGA (Arewa, Suru, and Fakai) in Kebbi State.
Despite improvements, Breakthrough ACTION and USAID Advancing Nutrition research findings from ongoing nutritional programs have identified challenges in user-friendly, client-centered job aids to improve nutrition behaviors. This project aims to take a human-centered design approach to explore the complementary feeding practices and to design and test prototypes for novel social and behavior change methods to support Community Health Workers (CHWs) engagement with communities and caregivers of children under 5 years on adequate complementary feeding. This intervention is expected to be conducted in Arewa, Suru, and Fakai LGAs in Kebbi State.
- The mobilizers will be responsible for identifying, obtaining consent, enrolling and onboarding participants for EnGuage – the mobile platform to be used for data collection.
- Participants will be identified and recruited for the study under four (4) identified cohorts (Community Health Workers, Household influencers, Mothers and Primary Caregivers and Community Leaders).
Scope of Work
As a Mobilizer, you are required to:
- Carry out community entry activities required for the identification of research participants
- Enrolling the participant’s information by using digital and online forms
- Provide support to participants during onboarding and other phases of the research activity
- Facilitate and support other research activities as assigned.
- Identify and recruit research participants in the community for three phases of data collection on EnGauge based on participants recruitment criteria.
- Providing the participant with information about the purpose of the research and what is expected of their participation and obtain their consent to participate.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Possession of a minimum of Post-secondary School Certificate
- Ability to read and write in English and Hausa languages fluently.
- Must have a functional google account.
- Familiarity with and understanding of the local cultures and traditions.
- Has experience with community mobilizing and networks in the LGA applied for
- Ability to effectively operate a smartphone and use the WhatsApp application
- Good interpersonal communication skills and ability to engage effectively with people in the community
- Excellent attention to detail and willingness to learn new ways of working.
- Able to commit to the time required for the research activity.
Deadline: 30th April, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Consultancy Title and Location as the subject of the email.