Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, the Ikeja Electric (IE), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Material Science Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting To: QA / QC Lead
- This role will be responsible for carrying out thorough inspection at site / CHQ store of all procured Materials and Equipment for use in IE network.
- Provide appropriate feedback on Materials and works standards to PT&ES and Projects & Works Units.
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Carry out any other duties assigned by the Line Manager.
- Ensure conformity to the company specifications and standards.
- Visit Projects sites and scrutinize the entire installation process. Identify any non- compliance with design, specifications, or standards.
- Collaborate with all internal customers to ensure SLAs are met.
- Write Deviation reports for Materials and Projects that fail to meet IE specifications and standards.
- Track Materials Utilization across the Business. Highlight all cases of non-compliance and mediate between the field and IE Store for resolution of observed gaps.
- Identify weak points and substandard part of the network. Bring up recommendations for standardization.
- Carry out tests on procured Materials and Kits and ensure they meet required standards.
- Produce inspection reports for Materials and Projects inspected within allowable SLA.
- Obtain post-materials usage quality feedback from end – users monthly. Highlight any observed defects on materials and make necessary recommendations.
- First Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 1 – 2 years relevant work experience.
- Project Management Certification or experience will be an added advantage.
- Conversant with materials standards.
- Proficiency in the use of Computers.
- Knowledge of Project Management.
- Good Reports writing skills.
- Knowledge of various materials used in the Business.
- Ability to identify defects in materials.
- Knowledge of Network installation standards.
- Strong Communication and Presentation Skills
- Interpersonal Relations
- Leadership/ Managerial Skills
- Critical and innovative thinking
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 19th April, 2021.