Abt Associates is an engine for social impact, fueled by caring, curiosity and cutting-edge research that moves people from vulnerability to security. Whether it’s welfare or weather disasters, the environment or economics, agriculture or HIV and AIDS, we address the world’s most pressing issues. Our work is diverse and so is our bold workforce. We never fail to ask “What if?” We identify patterns, we search for the best way.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief of Party – West Africa – Integrated Health Service Delivery
Job Identification: 100217
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Category: Program Delivery
Job Schedule: Full time
- Abt Associates is recruiting qualified candidates for positions on upcoming USAID-funded opportunities in West Africa.
- The Integrated Health Service Delivery (IHSD) programs will focus on investing in health services, supporting the Ministries of Health in the delivery of quality health services and strengthening the health systems. IHSD programs embody strategic evidence-based strategies for malaria control and prevention, ending preventable child and maternal death, advancing to Sustainable HIV Epidemic Control, using data to make informed decisions and building local capacity to implement integrated health programs.
- Under the supervision of the U.S.-based Portfolio Manager, the Chief(s) of Party provides leadership, management, and strategic direction for the project, and is accountable for the successful implementation of all of its aspects.
- This position is responsible for guiding senior technical staff and for ensuring the responsiveness and quality of work along with efficient use of resources and achievement of results.
- The Chief of Party has the final authority within the project team for decisions related to technical, management, resource allocation, and personnel issues.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Represents Abt Associates and the project to the respective USAID Mission, the host country government, and other key stakeholders.
- Carries full authority and accountability for project decisions, as delegated by the U.S.-based Portfolio Manager.
- Sets and pursues a results-oriented program strategy in coordination with the project team and in consultation with USAID, other partners and stakeholders.
- Oversees the design and operation of management systems and operating procedures for the implementation of project activities.
- Leads, monitors and guides the teams/team leaders carrying out the work; assigns and delegates responsibilities as appropriate.
- Supervises institutional sub-agreements/contracts with assistance from the Abt Senior Management Team.
- Assumes responsibility for the technical quality of all project activities and products.
- Ensures that staff, team members and consultants understand their roles and responsibilities and comply with contract requirements, USAID and Abt policies and procedures.
- Oversees development and timely implementation of monitoring, evaluation and learning plans for all project activities and ensures that data required for USAID performance benchmarks and results frameworks are produced.
- Leads the project annual work planning, and ensures that quality operational plans, budgets, and reports are submitted as per contract agreements.
- Provides regular status and progress reports to USAID and Abt Associates.
- Coordinates with the Portfolio Manager and Contract Administrator to assure that all managerial and administrative matters are communicated, and actions comply with the provisions of the contract with USAID.
- Master’s Degree (minimum), or a Doctorate Degree (desirable) in public health, medicine, or other related field.
- 10 years (minimum) of relevant international health experience with a Master’s Degree, or 8 years (minimum) with a Doctorate.
- At least five years managing complex projects in the areas of health systems strengthening (human resources for health, financing, governance, supply chain and health commodity management, data for decision-making), Malaria control, RMNCH, and/or infectious diseases, in West Africa.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with USAID, ministry officials, and other development partners.
- Demonstrated experience supporting Ministry of Health in the delivery of quality health services and strengthening the health system in West Africa.
- Experience assessing, selecting, and managing sub-grantees highly preferred.
- Experience developing and communicating a project vision, aligning key stakeholders around the vision, and assuring the vision is translated into an efficiently implemented program.
- Familiarity with US Government regulations (e.g., Federal Acquisition Regulations and the Foreign Assistance Act).
- Demonstrated strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership of large and diverse teams.
- Demonstrated excellent management skills and ability to lead and motivate multidisciplinary, multicultural teams.
- Fluency in both French and English is highly desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree + Fifteen years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Twelve years of relevant experience, or PhD + Ten years of relevant experience.
Deadline: 13th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce.
- Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
- Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.