Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS relief and development work are accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Grant Assistant
Reference No: 2100008F
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Employee Status: Entry Level
- The Finance / Grants Assistant will efficiently provide comprehensive information, clerical, and accounting services to assist the Grants Accountant in executing processes and delivering service needs that support high-quality implementation of the USAID-funded Water for Agriculture project.
- S/he will deliver quality support, applying clearly defined accounting and financial reporting processes, procedures, and service standards.
- S/he will assist Grant Accountant in managing project subrecipients and ensure that their financial management processes comply with donor and CRS requirements.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Assist Grants Accountant to complete standard financial documents (vouchers, wire transfer requests, checks, etc.) following a sample template with prescribed guidelines and circulate as needed.
- Perform data entry for financial transactions recording, following validation by the next-level Finance staff.
- Keep custody of various documents (e.g. Contract, Assessment and Monitoring Reports, Partners Monthly Financial Liquidation etc.).
- Provide administrative and clerical support to financial transactions processing. Prepare, type, photocopy, and scan related documentation. File accounting and financial reporting documentation as instructed.
- Compile supporting documentation (liquidation/receipt package) to support processing of financial transactions. Communicate with staff, sub recipients, suppliers to follow up on required documents.
- Assist in conducting compliance assessment visits to subrecipient partner offices
- Assist in processing and vetting of partner liquidations
- HND / B.Sc in Accounting.
- Professional qualifications in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration a plus.
- Understanding of donor requirements for institutional donors – DFID, USAID, EU, ECHO etc.
- Minimum of two years’ work experience in a similar role with some familiarity of standard accounting practices. Experience with an international organization a plus.
- Experience using MS Office packages including Excel and Word. Hands-on experience with data entry into online databases and forms.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results:
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
- Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Deadline: 4th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- CRS talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Leave a Reply