WaterAid is an international non-for-profit organization dedicated to helping people break free from poverty and disease, unlock their potential and change their lives for good through improved access to clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene. WaterAid started its operation in Nigeria in 1995. Since then it has successfully executed several intervention programmes as outlined by its objectives and has made impact in the lives of the very poor. WaterAid with the country office in Abuja currently works in Bauchi, Enugu and Plateau States with funding from various donors and partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist – USAID Water Resource Management – WASH Project in Cross River Basin, Nigeria
Location: Cross River
Date: May, 2021
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party
Direct Reports: M & E Assistants
Department: Programmes Directorate.
Duration: 2 years (renewable)
Travel: 30% travel (Local)
- WaterAid is a leading international non-governmental organization focused on increasing sustainable access to water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) in the poorest communities in the developing world. WaterAid works in 35 countries, and over the 38 years of its existence, it has reached over 25.8 million people with clean water and 25.1 million people with decent toilets.
- WaterAid Nigeria is prospecting to implement a USAID-funded Water Resource Management and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) intervention titled, Strengthening Community Resilience through Improved WASH Service Delivery and WRM in Cross River and Akwa Ibom states. The overriding goal of the programme is, “Improve sustainable WASH service delivery and water resource management in Akwa Ibom and Cross Rivers states of the Cross River basin in southern Nigeria”.
- This goal will be accomplished by creating access to safe drinking water, enabling sanitation through effective watershed protection and management, and building capacity of basin and state WASH institutions, operators, and private sector partners to plan and manage water resources.
- As a result, the program will improve hygiene practices and WASH in homes, schools and healthcare facilities in targeted communities which in turn will enhance resilience and improve health.
Purpose of Role
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will ensure that all Program components are results oriented.
- He/She will have a major focus on achieving key result areas of the project assuring that the implementation team members are poised to deliver services on schedule.
The key responsibilities of the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist include the following:
- Lead in the development of the programme logical framework (Logframe)
- Lead in the development of Key Performance Indicationrs (KPIs) for the project and develop an electronic monitoring Dashboard for the project.
- Lead in Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) activities for the project.
- Make operational decisions and manage the various components of the program dealing with M&E,
- Oversee data collection efforts and ensure both the M&E system and results reporting meet the requirements of the WRM-WASH initiative.
- Lead in the conduct of baseline data collection in all project intervention communities of the two states.
- Lead a system for continuous communication with relevant partners, and demonstrate an ability to take critical inputs, feedback, and assessments from evaluation partners to inform changes in program approaches and scale-up.
- Support the development of a WASH M&E Framework for the two states
- Support the project technical team on indicator reporting and overall quality delivery of all
- 3 years experience in Monitoring and Evaluation preferably at the supervisory level.
- Experience designing and overseeing M&E data collection and reporting for WASH project.
- Demonstrated ability to implement, operationalize, and manage information collection and assessment system.
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage information data bases using appropriate software application.
- Ability to work in team environment and work with and train non-direct reports to implement program.
- Strong writing, reporting, and presentational skills.
- A strong knowledge and experience of work with or on USAID supported projects/programmes is highly essential.
Our People Promise
- We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision, and a commitment to playing their part in changing normal. We’re looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
- In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best.
- This is our pledge to you.
Deadline: 17th May, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in a single word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating the Job Title in the subject of the email.
- To qualify for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Nigeria.
- If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, Kindly apply.
- WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
- We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organisation.
- WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct.