Cindy Oaks School was established with the purpose of providing quality and affordability to Nigerian homes. Our early childhood education programs include the world-class Montessori curriculum, Early Years Foundation Stage with a blend of our indigenous curriculum. Our Elementary curriculum is a blend of the Nigerian and British curriculum. This isprofessionally delivered by our knowledgeable child development staff that meet and exceed the needs of your children all day long.
We provide the highest standard of care, education and learning opportunities as we understand that your child’s education and care is priority and that choosing the right centre is a big decision. Our Drop- In care, After-school programs, and Summer camp programs also enable parents to go to work knowing their children are happy, safe, and receiving the best care.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Preschool Class Teacher
Location: Gbagada, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: Head Teacher.
- Guide children (1-21/2 years) in Montessori and Early Years activities designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth.
- Welcome children and parents enthusiastically at the beginning and end of the day with a warm smile.
- Prepare lesson plans according to the School Procedure, policies and curriculum
- Identify children showing signs of emotional, developmental, or health-related problems, and discuss them with supervisors, parents or guardians, and child development specialists.
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children’s progress and needs, determine their priorities for their children, and suggest ways that they can promote learning and development.
- Teach basic skills such as color, shape, number and letter recognition, personal hygiene, and social skills.
- Provision of a variety of creative and self made materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Observe and evaluate children’s performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior, and procedures for maintaining order.
- Read books to entire classes or to small groups and promote reading habits
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, storytelling, and field trips.
- Attend to children’s basic needs by feeding ans dressing
- Prepare reports on children and their activities as required by administration.
- Select, store, order, issue, and inventory classroom equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Be available for staff meetings and contribute to the successful operation of Cindy Oaks.
The candidate must have:
- NCE or a Degree in Child Development or Early Education and at least one year of experience teaching in a part-day or full-day program for infants and toddlers;
- A child development associate certificate and at least three years of experience teaching in a part-day or full-day program for infants and toddlers.
- Ability to use Microsoft & internet is essential
- Phonics training and Montessori is an advantage
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Music, Arts and / or Swimming, Gardening skills is an added advantage
- Applicant must reside in Gbagada or within environs.
Deadline: 30th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the e-mail.