The National Orthopaedic Hospital Dala-Kano established 61 years ago, is a three hundred and One (301) bedded Hospital, purposely built to provide Orthopaedic and Trauma Care service, which presently serves three (3) out of the six (6) Geopolitical Zones as its primary catchment area. It has continued to expand in the scope of its services, infrastructure and human resources.
The Hospital is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment for the position below which will soon be vacant:
Job Title: Medical Director
Location: Dala, Kano
- The Medical Director is charged with the responsibility of day to day running of the hospital, implementing government policies and effecting overall management of the Hospital to deliver on its mandate.
- He is accountable to the Board of Management and the Honourable Minister of State for Health.
Qualification and Experience
- Be medically qualified and registered as such for a period of not less than twelve (12) years.
- Should have been in employment as a Consultant for a minimum of five (5) years in a Federal Tertiary Hospital in Nigeria.
- Scholarly presentations, knowledge of ICT and previous administrative experiences are added advantages.
- Shall be a Fellow of the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or West African College of Surgeons.
Conditions of Service
The condition of service shall be as provided for the Chief Executive of Federal Agencies as contained in the relevant rules and circulars.
Tenure of Office
The appointment is for a term of four (4) years in the first instance, and is renewable at the discretion of the Federal Government subject to satisfactory performance.
Deadline: 13th July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit ten (10) copies of their Application with:
- Up-to-date curriculum vitae with the names and addresses of three (3) referees one of whom should be current employer.
- Copies of relevant credentials.
- Candidates should request their referees to submit confidential reports on them and send directly to the Medical Director in an envelope marked “Confidential’
- Candidates to also submit a 500 worded document on their vision and plan for the institution.
The application should be submitted in a sealed envelope, marked “Application for the post of Medical Director, NOH-Dala” at the top left-hand corner and addressed to:
The Medical Director,
National Orthopaedic Hospital,
P.M.B. 3087, Dala-Kano.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview to be conducted shortly after the expiration of the advertisement.