Jotna Group is a leading beverage and raw materials manufacturing company in West Africa. The group comprises of 3 operating business units, The Lacasera Company, Prima Corporation Ltd, and Engee PET Manufacturing Company which are significant players and leaders in their respective sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Buyer
Location: Coker, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Buyer sources equipment and materials by developing sources of supply and monitoring supplier performance; obtaining required equipment and materials, verifying receipt of items, authorizing payment, and managing quality of products and controlling inventory.
- Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations
- Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures
- Assess tenders and quotations from potential suppliers
- Prepare purchase orders in line with final negotiations with selected suppliers and in line with organisational targets and requirements
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact
- Undertake research on and evaluate existing and new suppliers
- Develop creative and innovative procurement processes
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement.
- Assist internal and external customers by interpreting laws, policy, codes, and regulations pertaining to purchasing; answer inquiries both orally and in writing concerning purchasing operations.
- Work collaboratively and negotiate and engage with stakeholders and suppliers regarding new projects, supplies and initiatives and advise of impact of change on purchasing and production activities
- Attend meetings and update others on issues or concerns, in particular when there is a risk which could prevent the organisation meeting customer demands or where there are over capacity concerns
- Support product change requests and review and communicate the impact on capacity plans
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and ensure good communications.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree.
Deadline: 14th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted for a chat.