Baobab is an investment company whose mission is to create a group of leading microfinance banks and finance companies in at least 15 countries that will provide financial services and savings products to entrepreneurs who lack access to the traditional financial sector. Baobab was created in July 2005 by PlaNet Finance, and other investors including International Finance Corporation, AXA Belgium, and Societe Generale, with the European Investment Bank, the French Development Agency and Developing World Markets joining later.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Audit Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Audit Manager
- Monitoring the internal audit system of the organisation.
- Ensure proper safeguard of assets and its effective utilization.
- Ensure that financial transactions are properly recorded, summarized and reporte
- Accordingly and Protect confidentiality of records and information gained as part of exercising professional duties and use discretions in sharing such information within legal confines.
- Lead and coordinate internal audit missions and Prepare report of audit missions
- Conduct regular internal audit of the bank, assist in reconciliation and the analysis of transactions.
- Conduct client visit on a regular basis.
- Conduct investigations on alleged irregularities/fraud.
- Assist in monitoring the business function of the branches and reporting all material findings and preparing appropriate recommendations for corrective actions.
- Ensure timely regulatory reporting and any other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Head of Internal Audit.
- Any other job as assigned by the Audit manager.
- Proven working 2 -3 years experience as Internal Auditor
- Banking working experience an added advantage.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Sound independent judgement
- BS Degree in Accounting or Finance
Deadline: 20th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email (e.g Internal Control Officer – Lagos).