Lindii Peace Foundation (LPF) is a Nonprofit Non-Governmental National Organization Established in Nigeria In July 2014 with the purpose of improving lives of people through effective and efficient humanitarian assistance within communities, and providing economic opportunities as well as providing emergency aid during Natural Disasters, War and other Conflicts in Nigeria.
In partnership with International and National Networking, LPF has provided humanitarian and developmental assistance to individuals, families, schools and community in more than three (3) States in Nigeria regardless of their Ethnicity, Political and Religious Affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Store Assistant
Location: Pulka, Borno
Job Type: Fixed Term
Contract Duration: 8 Months with possibility of extension.
- Executing the stock management activities (receipt, storage, and issuance to projects or other departments of WASH supplies, food and Non-Food items, spare parts, tools, equipment, and / or other logistics materials), according to the line manager’s instructions and LPF standards and protocols, in order to ensure the overall functioning of LPF activities
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Supervision of goods and materials supplied and dispatched to ensure rational use
- Keeping a special control of “sensitive” goods: numbers of lots, expiry dates, packaging, and special storage conditions
- Prepare orders on time before sending goods, and packs (according to means of cargo transport) weighs and labels freight with corresponding shipping number, destination, number of shipping units, waybill number, weight, and mode of transport in accordance with the line manager’s instructions
- Receiving orders and deliveries, identifying and reporting potential discrepancies against cargo manifest or others.
- Store materials in accordance with the system in force in order to ensure continuous availability.
- Monitor store temperature and ensure cold chain items are stored at an adequate temperature.
- Updating and/or creating stock cards for all stock items immediately after the reception of goods.
- Checking the received cold boxes and controlling the cold chain-monitoring card
- Store materials in accordance with the system in force in order to ensure continuous availability ensuring that all items are well organized and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified, and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
- In conjunction with the line manager, performing physical stock counts in accordance with the frequency previously defined.
- Following up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock out, and expiry dates.
- Controlling warehouse limited access to authorized personnel and ensuring doors and other exits are secured.
- Notify line manager accordingly of any problems arising in the course of the work, particularly with regard to damage, loss, attempted break-ins, or theft in the warehouse
- Assist the line manager with the preparation of the stock reports.
- Assist in monitoring shipment coming into and out of warehouse using Unified units of measurement to track and update items
Additional Job Responsibilities
- Understanding of NGO principles and practices.
- Proficient in the use of computer application
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal relationship skill
- Excellent skills in oral and written communications both in English and Hausa Languages
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment
- Knowledge or experience in any store program, strong quantitative and qualitative
- Research skills are advantages.
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must have a minimum aualification of National Diploma, Higher National Diploma or University Degree in any related field of discipline
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience
Skills and Behaviours (Our Values In Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyze complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable.
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively.
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Safeguarding our Staff:
- The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the LPF anti-harassment policy, Prevention from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA), Violence Against Children (VAC)
- Policy, Gender Based Violence (GBV) Policy, Child Safeguarding Policy as enshrined in LPF Code of Conduct.
Health and Safety:
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with LPF Health and Safety policies and procedures, and environmental policy.
Deadline: 30th July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Cover Letter as a single file to: HR@lindiipeacefoundation.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- For an Application to be valid, responsive References/Referees should be captured in application with full and accessible contact information/details.
- Only Applicants who scale through the pPrerequisite conditions will be invited for interview.