Lindii Peace Foundation (LPF) is a nonprofit non-governmental national organization established in nigeria in july 2014 with the purpose of improving lives of people through effective and efficient humanitarian assistance within communities,and providing economic opportunities aswell as providing emergency aid during natural disasters, war, and other conflicts innigeria. in partnership with international and national networking, lpf has provided humanitarian and developmental assistance to individuals, families, schools and community in more than three (3) statesinnigeria regardless of their ethnicity, political and religious affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WASH Program Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno (With frequent travel to Pulka)
Employment type: Fixed Term
Contract Duration: 8 Months with possibility of extension.
- The Project Manager ensures that the operation and maintenance of WASH facilities in the Two (2) IDP camps and host communities are implemented effectively, professionally and timely.
- Advice management and project team on WASH Programming and coordinator with other sectors
- Ensure implementation quality and adherence to technical guidelines, administrative system and project deadline
- Contribute to the implementation of LPF’s WASH Programme activities in term of community participation and feedback
- Identify and addressing staff capacity gaps
- Advise on mainstreaming gender and protection in project activities
- Contribute to contingency planning for possible WASH emergency response
- Monitor adherence to the approved work, budget, and organization’s Standard Operating Policy (SOP).
- Contributing to the preparation of reports for LPF and Donors.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- Ability to write well-argued and clear reports
- Ability to communicate & write in English language and speak at least one of the local languages in Pulka community
- Understanding of NGO principles and practices.
- Experience in planning and management
- Experience operation Microsoft applications
- Knowledge of Pulka community
- Excellent communication skill
- Monitoring and evaluation skill
- Team work and management
- Accountability: take ownership for achieving the organization’s priorities and take responsibility for own action and delegate work
- Clear communication with other members of the project team
- Strategic thinking to realize organization’s goals Representation
- Represent the organization externally
- Represent the organization in LGA coordination meetings and Sector working group meetings
- Ensure that relevant stakeholders have information about the organization and project
- Collaborate with LGA authority and other actors on WAS issues in the LGA
Required Qualification and Experience
- Applicants must have a minimum qualification of University Degree in Engineering or any relevant Degree is required.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience
Skills And Behaviours (our Values in Practice):
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyze complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable.
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively.
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Safeguarding our Staff:
- The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the LPFanti-harassment policy, Prevention from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse(PSEA), Violence Against Children (VAC) Policy, Gender Based Violence (GBV) Policy, Child Safeguarding Policy as enshrined in LPF Code of Conduct.
Health and Safety:
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with LPF Health and Safety policies and procedures, and Environmental Policy.
Deadline: 30th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Cover Letter as a single file to: HR@lindiipeacefoundation.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- For an application to be valid, responsive References / Referees should be captured in Application with full and accessible contact information / details.
- Only Applicants who scale through the prerequisite conditions will be invited for Interview.