International Breweries Plc is a proud part of the AB InBev family, a world’s leading brewer. International Breweries Plc was incorporated in December 1971 under the name International Breweries Limited. The Company commenced production of its flagship product Trophy Lager in December 1978 with an installed capacity of 200,000 hectoliters per annum.
In December 1982, the Company embarked on an expansion programme. The company was listed on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange in April 1995. The corporate headquarters of the Company is located in Lagos. Starting with just two brands, Trophy Lager and Beta malt, our brand offering now includes Budweiser, Hero Lager, Castle lite, Grandmalt, Eagler Lager and Eagle Stout.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Stores Controller
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job type: Full-time
- Career opportunity exists for a highly skilled and result driven Stores Controller in Port Harcourt Plant reporting directly to the Technical Services Manager.
- The primary role of the Stores Controller is to ensure effective stock and resource optimization within the stores so as to provide an acceptable service level to the customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure integrity through management of staff and a stock control system
- Manage adherence to stores business processes to ensure governance and optimum inventory
- Work with all departments to critically assess and analyze stock holding to minimize operational risks while reducing stock asset value
- Monitor stores processes
- Manage the team to improve process quality and productivity
- Ensure and maintain a safe and healthy work environment
- Co-ordinate autonomous maintenance and cleaning
- Contribute to self and team development
- Work with buyers and vendors to ensure that purchasing opportunities to reduce stock costs are realized
- Do purchases of stock and non-stock items as well as payment of Vendors and Contracts
- Manage the performance of the Stores Team to ensure good customer service
- Ensure a safe, healthy and tidy working environment as per the OHS Act and WCM Requirements
- Manage the Stores Assets (vehicles, tools, etc.)
- Lead, motivate and facilitate team activities.
- Interpret and implement intake and fissures plan for continues shift plant
- Develop and maintain a healthy vendor partnering program
- Manage the tool store to optimize required tool and free issue consumable holdings and to ensure that tools remain in a good condition
- Work with the finance department on stock management projects and to ensure that the required financial governance is in place
- Do management reports as and when required
- Prepare and control budgets
- Apply problem solving and decision-making techniques and principles
- Facilitate team problem solving
- Lead production activities in accordance with the VPO work practices
- Lead the application of work practices for the team
- Facilitate effective team dynamics
- Implement performance management
- Communicate effectively in the workplace
- Ensure application of administration systems and procedures
- Administer conditions of employment for team members
- B.Sc. / HND in relevant discipline.
- 2-3 years as a Buyer / Storekeeper / RMS Controller
- 2 years Project Management Experience.
- Good understanding of mechanical, instrumentation and electrical components
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office package and SAP R3
- Understand how the stores operates and what VPO means in a store environment
- Strong People/interpersonal skills
- Customer focused
- Have a basic understanding of accounting principles
- Some mechanical & civil knowledge.
- Team leadership & management skills.
- Negotiating and communication skills.
- Communication skills both verbal and written.
- Numeracy accuracy and attention to detail.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Important Information and Notice
- AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality.
- Internal applicants require Line manager approval
- Kindly attach CV in PDF format
- Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted
Application Deadline 16th July, 2021.