Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Duration: Contract duration for all positions is 7months
- The Supply Chain Officer (SCO) will be actively responsible for maintaining an effective and efficient logistic management of drugs (SPAQ) in Borno State. S/he will be work directly within the State Logistic Management Coordinating Unit (LMCU) and the Malaria Consortium officers in Borno State.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in a related role.
- Proven previous experience in Supply Chain and Logistics Management of Malaria or HIV/AIDS commodities.
- Experience managing a medical supply chain and coordination.
- The person must be familiar with the national supply chain system of Ministry of Health (MoH) and LMIS, including Malaria Commodities Logistics Systems (MCLS) and NAVISION
- Ability to engage with stakeholders on the supply chain management of public health commodities.
- Good inter-personal, communication and planning skills.
- Willingness to work in a complex operational environment.
- Ensuring that the supply chain activities meet the needs of the programmes in a timely manner and does so in accordance with donor requirements, MC policies and procedures.
- Carry out monthly stock status assessment of all SMC commodities at the state Central Medical Stores (CMS) and report on the assessments to higher levels flagging issues needing actions.
- Provide technical support to strengthen the procurement and supply chain management of SMC commodities in Borno State.
- Support and assist in the management of SMC commodities at the Borno State CMS, health facilities and Hard-to-Reach (HTR) communities.
- Provision of general and technical logistics/supply chain management support for all SMC commodities required for the 2021 rollout.
- Submit timely and accurate logistic report and review all Logistics Management Information System (LMIS) reports for project commodities in Borno State.
- Ensure smooth relationship with Country Office and other technical managers within the project.
- As permitted by the security situation, facilitate routine monitoring and supportive supervisory visits to health facilities and communities on effective supply chain management of commodities.
- Coordinate review meetings for all LMIS reports to provide feedbacks on the quality of LMIS reports.
- Provide regular feedback to the country Supply Chain Specialist and Country Commodity Manager in a timely manner.
- Carry out any other duties, including representations as might be assigned by management.
Deadline: 23rd July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate who are passionate and willing to contribute towards the achievement of our goals should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.
- For your application to be considered, it is mandatory to fill the recruitment form and send your application to the specified email address.
- Include your state of Origin on your CV
- Send your cover letter and CV as a single document
- Considering the emergency situation of these positions, applications will be reviewed on rolling a basis and hence, early applications from qualified applicants are highly encouraged.
- The organisation reserves the right to close the application as soon as suitable candidate is identified for any of the advertised positions.
- Successful candidates should be ready to resume immediately
- Applications who do not follow this specification, will be disqualified.
- Please note that the applications will be reviewed on rolling basis and hence early application is highly encouraged. Selection process will commence from Wednesday, July 14 and hence the application portal will be closed once successful candidates are identified.