SOS Children’s Villages is an independent, non-governmental, non-political, social development organization which focuses on the child’s development into a self-supporting and contributing member of society. Recognizing the role of the child in his/her own development, as well as the role of his/her family, community, state and other service providers, we work together with all relevant stakeholders to find the most appropriate response to the situation of children at risk of losing parental care and those without parental care.
In Nigeria, SOS Children’s Villages (SOS CV Nigeria) has been active since 1973 and has presence in Lagos, Ogun State, Abuja, Plateau State, Oyo State, Kaduna State, Borno State and Edo State. Over the past years, we have provided quality child care and protection to orphaned and abandoned children that grow up in SOS Children’ Villages Alternative Care and Family Strengthening Programmes.
SOS Children’s Villages is recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Case Manager
- The Case Manager supports the direct implementation of the Gate-keeping and Case management processes and procedures in an SOS Children’s Villages Programme location by providing services for children in need of care and protection in addition to providing mentoring and technical support to Community Case Workers.
- He/she will ensure the quality of case management response to beneficiaries to support their well-being (including mental health) and protection.
- The Case Manager will also work closely with all programme units (Family Strengthening and Alternative Care), Zonal Representatives and Community Case Workers, Community Mobilisers, Education Officers, and the Child Protection Focal persons to ensure that the right target groups are admitted into any of our programmes.
- Be responsible for providing social services in line with key child protection principles including best interests of the child, confidentiality, do no harm and child participation
- The Case Manager will be independent, responsible for ensuring case action plans and relevant administrative processes that facilitate accountability & planning are updated on a daily and weekly basis;
- The Case Manager will commit to maintaining excellent documentation of case management files in line with relevant processes
- He / She will assume full responsibility to assessing the level of risk that a child is exposed to, and immediately report any cases that could evolve into high risk cases to his/her direct line Manager
- Maintain pro-active communication with all relevant internal units to highlight challenges, propose solutions and monitor trends that could indicate negative or positive implications for children
- Be proactive in identifying opportunities to better support children through facilitating processes, systems, etc
- Uphold the SOS Children’s Villages Child Safeguarding Policy and ensure the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse in the workplace and communities of intervention.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- HND/BSC Degree in a relevant subject area, such as (Clinical Psychology, Sociology)
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in the field of Community Development or Social Services.
- Experience in Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Understanding of child development issues, including knowledge of child rights, child protection, child welfare, childcare and parenting; and relevant local and national laws, regulations and protocols
- Awareness and understanding of social development issues, such as the local and national OVC situation, gender, education, health, HIV & AIDS
- People and organizational development skills, including facilitation skills to build the capacities of co-workers, families and partner organizations
- Collaboration skills, being driven to work with others and able to build strong partnerships with key stakeholders
- Demonstrates understanding of working with children and particularly vulnerable children
Counselling skills, including ability to advice, influence and guide programme participants and other community members
How to Apply