Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Finance Analyst
Job Req ID: 21340241
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Category: Institutional Banking
Job Family Group: Institutional Banking
Job Family: Corporate Banking
- The position entails working and supporting other Transactors/professionals with overall responsibility of end-to-end corporate finance business including origination, structuring, execution, and distribution of cross border & domestic transactions across Nigeria.
- To assist SSA Corporate Finance on regional deals
- Working on the direct end-to-end origination, structuring, distribution, and execution of episodic debt funding solutions for high-impact customers in conjunction with Capital Markets Origination (CMO) and Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) partners. This will involve:
- Producing presentation materials & pitches to high impact clients
- Analyzing financials of clients to develop funding or advisory solutions
- Assisting Transactors to procure investors for structured & funded solutions in form of international, regional, and local financial institutions – including banks, non-bank investors multilateral and bilateral financial institutions, and other non -traditional investors
- Assisting on structuring nonstandard funding solutions whilst driving multi-product cross-sell to deliver ‘One Citi ’ to customers in close collaboration with product, industry, risk, and Business/ coverage partners in Nigeria
- Working with coverage and product partners on all internal approvals required for transactions
- Preparation of investment and marketing materials (e.g. transaction teasers and investment memorandums)
- Reviewing transaction documentation
- Assisting Transactors to manage and mitigate all risk aspects embedded in the episodic CF transactions, including credit, XB, liquidity, and operational risks.
- BSc Degree / BA Degree
- A postgraduate degree and relevant professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years post qualification experience which ideally should be within Corporate Finance
- Credit and financial analysis experience or relevant experience from other areas of the bank or other companies.
- Customer management and negotiation skills
- Ability to recognize and exploit business opportunities
- Analytical skills
- In-depth understanding of Accounting & Finance principles
- Understanding the impact of constant regulatory changes on customers businesses and in converting them to business opportunities
- Ability to optimally coordinate the activities of the different units within the bank in order to deliver good quality service to the customer.
- Designing strategies and products to enable Citibank to stay ahead of the competition
- Ability to convince customers to adhere to high compliance/ethical standards of Citibank for transaction processing in a non-compliant environment.
- Problem loan recognition capability.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.