The Murtala Muhammed Foundation (MMF) is a not-for profit organization founded with the mission of improving the living conditions of Africans by implementing projects contributing to the reduction of poverty, empowerment of women, elimination of conflict, development of rural-communities, and promotion of self-reliance and development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Analyst
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: CEO
- The Legal Analyst will play a key role in sourcing for relevant information from the public domain, gleaning valuable insights to aid business decisions, academic / professional research writing, and providing support to related administrative functions.
Responsibilities and Functions
- Perform a wide variety of research fieldwork preparation tasks i.e, make detailed observations, enter data in Excel format, assist in analysing data and collect supporting documents or literature from the internet and other sources for interpreting results.
- Analyse internal processes and identify potholes, area of improvement, conduct researches on industry trends, to aid management in making apt decisions and meeting organizations goals and objectives.
- Provide distinctive support in Academic researching, report/research writing and other related activities.
- Provide legal advice and support for internal and external legal matters, activities and documents. Suit-proof organization/CEO’s documents, ensuring they align with legal ethics and policies.
- Proper meeting minutes’ documentation, serve as middle man between external stakeholders and CEO, drafting of letters and preparation of reports/presentations.
- Collect and maintain information (data and reports) in a well-organized manner to support analyses and for further dissemination.
- Draft research reports and conduct relevant research ofthe organization’s projects.
- Provide support through research for grant sourcing processes.
- Develop and maintain relations with key stakeholders in order to build networks
- Assist in the process of building collaboration with other partner institutions, maintain and update contact lists of research partners,stakeholders, and consultants, keep confidentiality of files on projects.
- Contribute to the overall research process of preparing technical reports, summaries, protocols, as assigned by the management and/or Program staff.
- Provide logistical support to staff in planning and organizing conferences, workshops and meetings and participate in relevant meetings.
- Provide administrative support to the organisation and assist in daily operational functions
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Paralegal certificate, Market research, Business Administration or any other related course
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience Post NYSC in Legal Research Analysis
- Experience in applied research, data management/analytics will be an advantage
- Strong legal background in organisational law and the legal system generally.
- Rapt attention to detail, ability to take initiatives, communicate effectively both orally and written and possess strong organizational skills.
- Ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to perform a variety of conceptual analyses required for the formulation, administration and evaluation of projects.
- Promote and demonstrate ethical values.
Deadline: 14th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the e-mail.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.