Sankore Investments is a wealth management firm that provides advisory, brokerage, fund management and other investment services to a range of clients including individuals and corporations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Real Estate Accountant
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Real Estate Accountant is responsible for all general accounting processes covering Accounts Payable and Receivable, incoming & outgoing payments, and preparation of financial statements. The role involves managing property-related accounting such as Budget and Tax reporting, Investment Advisory, Financial Planning, Asset Valuation, etc.
- Carry out financial analysis on Real Estate business initiatives (e.g., expansion, asset acquisition).
- Develop the company’s financial books and interpret, to management and recommend improvement areas.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and analyze rent schedules.
- Record and prepare financial statements for site-level analysis and provide support to all accounting schedules and maintain same.
- Supervise accounting information and provide assistance to internal and external customers.
- Prepare and reconcile bank data and property-associated reports.
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems (ERP).
- Spearhead Process Compliance and Review for the Real Estate Business.
- Oversee the Real Estate company accounts and maintain necessary reporting to the banks.
- Develop Annual Budgets and review regularly with the Head of Business.
- Coordinate Annual Audit processes in compliance with regulations.
- Oversee Cash flow management and regular review of internal reports.
- Assist with activities related to property funds.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics.
- 5 – 8 years’ proven work experience in a related position.
- Professional Certifications (ICAN/CFA) is an added advantage
- A Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
- Strong ability to engage external regulators and regulatory bodies on tax issues and remittance obligations.
- An in-depth understanding of financial reporting in accordance with IFRS Reporting standards.
- In-depth understanding of financial reporting in accordance with IFRS Reporting standard.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, Word & PowerPoint).
- Good Audit experience, Great at liaising with External Auditors.
- Possess a practical, flexible, and innovative approach to work.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Usage of accounting software (ERP).
- Strong stakeholder relationship management skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritize effectively.
- Compliance and Internal Control oriented.
- Strong ethical values.
- A strong focus on excellence.
- Respectful to clients / colleagues.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Highly organized.
Competitive and commensurate with experience
Deadline: 27th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online