Kwara State University, Malete, was established 24th December, 2008. The certificate and instruments to operate the University were obtained on 9th February 2009 from the National Universities Commission (NUC) Abuja, Thus, the Kwara State University became the 34th State University and the 95th University in Nigeria to be registered by the NUC. The Kwara State University has existed for over a decade as an enviable citadel of learning and research.
The University, aside is passion for community development, has consistently maintained and towed the line of its: Vision: to be foremost in expanding the frontiers of knowledge and be most innovative in disseminating knowledge toward advancing the cause of humanity. And; Mission: to be the fulcrum of a knowledge-driven society, building human competences and fostering determination and competition among people through the instrumentality of modern technology.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Malete, Kwara
- The Registrar, a Principal Office, is the Chief Administrative Office of the University, possible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day to day administrative duties of the University except as regard matters of finance for which the Bursar is responsible
- The person holding the office or Registrar shall by virtue of that office, be secretary to council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation
Qualifications and Experience
The candidate must:
- Posses a good honors Degree obtained from a recognized University, Possession of postgraduate qualifications will be an added advantage
- Be member of a relevant professional body
- Have served as Deputy Registrar for at least five 51 years and take a minimum of ten (10) pears overall cognate experience in a recognized University Registry
- Have a clear understanding of the roles and nature of a 21st century Registry in a University
- Be information and Communication Technology (ICT) compliant
- Posses a personally that commands respect, Pave the ability to provide inspiring leadership and offer innovative advice on matters affecting management and administration of the University
- Not be more than 59 years of age at the time of application,
- The appointment of the Registrar shall be for a term of five (5) years with eligibility for possible reappointment for another term of five (5) years only.
- The successful candidate shall be entitled to the salary on CONTISS 15 and other conditions of Service as may be applicable to Registrars in Government owned Universities in Nigeria.
Deadline: 29th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should forward twenty (20) copies each of their applications and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae attaching copies of relevant credentials The applications should be forwarded under confidential cover in an envelope sealed and marked “Post of Registrar” at the top right corner and addressed to:
Kwara State University,
Ilorin, Kwara State.
- Referees: Each applicants is to request three referees to forward confidential reports on him or her to the Vice-Chancelor at the above stated address.
- Only applications of shortlisted candidates shall be acknowledged.
Leave a Reply