Unites Cisco Networking Academy was established to promote educational development through the use of Information andCommunication Technology. The focus is to make globally recognized ICT certification accessible and available to Nigerian educational institutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Engineer
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Purpose of Role
- The position is responsible for full stack enterprise software development in multi-application, multi-server, and hosted environments.
- The successful candidate will participate in all facets of software and system development life cycle.
- Develop applications and other enterprise technical solutions to support the business needs through the planning, analysis, design, development, implementation and maintenance phases of the software and systems development lifecycle.
- Identify gaps that the commercial marketplace cannot fill and to offer alternative IT enterprise solutions as needed.
- Research the external environment, and recommend viable partnerships for business growth.
- Lead and manage the Software Development Team to deliver software, infrastructure and architecture that meets the needs of users.
- Interface with different stakeholders to determine and propose appropriate and effective enterprise technology solutions to meet their business and technical objectives.
- Provide technical marketing and sales support activities necessary to ensure success of the software solutions offered. This will include the promotion and demonstration of the software solutions to clients where appropriate.
- Provide hands-on guidance and leadership to software engineers; provide mentorship and promote career development of team members.
- Establish clear organizational structures and succession plans aligned with appropriate responsibilities and accountabilities of the Software Team.
- Undertake any other assigned tasks given by your supervisor or Senior Management.
- Identifying and implementing technology trends that will be able to support the future success of the business.
- Ensuring that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization.
- Produce and maintain documentation including user guides for all software developed.
Required Qualification and Experience
- Candidate must have at least 7 – 10 years of cognate experience in the same related field with a proven track record.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other related discipline.
- Expert experience in the following etc: C++, Java, databases, XML, Sockets, Concurrency, OOD/OOP, Design Patterns, Source Code Control, Task/Defect Tracking
- A relevant professional certification in software development is highly essential
Person Specification and Skills:
- Excellent communication skills
- General Knowledge of a wide range software products, the technology used and key markets
- Knowledge of project management techniques and software for tracking project progress
- Experience of IT business analysis tools and processes
Deadline: 31st August, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send cv to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as subject of the email.