Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions, education, and economic initiatives in Nigeria.
In anticipation of a USAID award to drive the “Accelerating Control of HIV/AIDS Epidemic in Nigeria (ACE)” for the BAY states (Borno/Adamawa/Yobe) and strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party / Technical Director
Location: Maidugiri, Borno
Job Category: Fixed Term
- Deputy Chief of Party/Technical Director: Under the Chief of Party (CoP), this position will be responsible for overseeing management and technical operations.
- The DCoP should have leadership qualities with excellent interpersonal and organizational qualities.
- At a minimum, the candidate must have extensive experience managing similar projects and should have in-depth technical knowledge and experience in all components of the HIV/AIDS program including Prevention, Treatment, Care & Support, PMTCT HIV/TB, OVCs as well as cross-cutting areas like HSS etc.
- The position oversees the program’s collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) process in collaboration with the COP; ensure that the program’s CLA approach is applied with consistency and rigor; work with the leadership team to apply program learnings in pursuit of adaptive management.
Minimum Recruitment Standard
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, or a related field, and at least 8 years’ experience working as a senior level manager in a public health program in a developing country.
- Progressive experience with HIV prevention, treatment, and/or care and support programming including in design, implementation, monitoring and reporting of activities of similar size and complexity in Nigeria or a similar setting.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills; and ability to work well on team.
Deadline: Friday, 17th September 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a suitability statement (application) and resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-ProgMgtJobs@ahnigeria.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Important Information and Notice
- The position is advertised in anticipation of a possible award.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview