Tetra Tech International – Our client, the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Enumerator
Locations: Kano, Kaduna & Jigawa
Employment Type: Part-time
- Tetra Tech is delivering the FCDO – funded LINKS – Powering Economic Growth in Northern Nigeria programme, which will support the development of a vibrant and diversified economy in the three key northern Nigerian states of Kano, Kaduna and Jigawa. The programme will have a duration of 7 years.
- The front-line components of LINKS activity are:
- Investment promotion and facilitation
- Private sector innovations that increase competitiveness, productivity and transformational economic inclusivity.
- Two further supporting components will address:
- Business environment challenges impacting investment and innovation, and
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) to supporting learning culture within the organization and across stakeholders.
- Ultimately, the programme will focus on increasing incomes and creating jobs for the poor in Northern Nigeria. LINKS will work across high potential pro-poor value chains, supporting them to become productive, competitive and attractive for investment, and then encouraging actual investment into them.
- Tetra Tech is receiving additional funding through the UK’s Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)-funded PACT programme, to manage the implementation of an agribusiness intervention on reduced methane emissions from rice production using System of Rice Intensification (SRI) through the LINKS programme.
- LINKS Nigeria is requesting application from qualified individuals for the position of Field Enumerators to support the project with data collection from its beneficiaries in Jigawa and Kano States.
Scope of Work / Roles and Responsibilities
- The Enumerator will support the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) team to carry out fieldwork and other research activities, which may be required for the program’s functioning and strategy.
- The Enumerator’s contract is on a need basis and not a full-time role.
- He/she will be responsible for administering questionnaires to farmers or households in rural communities, as well as providing important feedback on project activities that might be gleaned from interfacing with the beneficiaries in the data collection process.
- Assist in collecting data in line with project requirements
- Seek out respondents who fit the suggested profiles in assigned locations and collect data based on the data collection tools (questionnaires) developed and supplied by LINKS Nigeria
- Gather and accurately record responses using the devices provided by LINKS Nigeria
- Ensure that all questions in the interview tool have been thoroughly checked and completed.
- Submit completed questionnaires and other equipment used in fieldwork to LINKS Intervention Coordinators
- Participate in briefings, carry out data collection, data entry and/or reporting when required.
- Document any challenges encountered in obtaining data and provide useful feedback from field activities
- Recognize and give account of problems in obtaining data and provide useful feedback from field research activities
- Take on any other assigned responsibility or task in line with project need
Profile of the Enumerator
- University Degree or equivalent
- Ability to communicate effectively in local languages and build strong relationships with people in many different environments.
- Ability to work independently
- Familiarity with use of ODK and other online survey data collection tools
- Previous experience in data collection, especially in the agricultural sector
- Excellent organizational skills, good attention to detail and numerical accuracy
- Excellent spoken and written English
- High level of communication and team working skills
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- October 2021 onwards on an ‘as needed’ basis.
- This position is not a permanent position, it is a rolling position that will be called upon as need requires.
Deadline: 31st October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter (in a single document of not more than 3 pages) in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.