The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) (formerly National Action Committee on AIDS) was established in February 2000 to coordinate the various activities of HIV/AIDS in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer to Provide Technical Assistance to NASCP Accounts / Finance Unit
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Duration: 2 months
Starting Date: October, 2021
- The core responsibility and mandate of the National AIDS Control Programme (NASCP) is to coordinate the formulation and effective implementation of National Policies, Guidelines and Standard operating procedures for the biomedical prevention and treatment of HIV, STIs and Viral Hepatitis.
- With the re-establishment of the NTPP and recent selection of NASCP as a sub-recipient of the Nigeria 2021-2023 Global Fund grant, there is a need to further strengthen the Account/Finance Unit of the organization.
- The objective of the engagement of a Finance Officer is to support the National AIDS and STIs Control Programme (NASCP) to carry out all the Financial procedures required to successfully account for all the funds it receives for implementation of HIV health sector activities.
Support the NASCP Finance Team lead to:
- Manage all project assets and stock items, ensuring a satisfactory level of accountability and internal control at all times;
- Review the retirements of advances to staff to ensure that advances are retired with acceptable documentation and vouchers,
- Analyze monthly expenditure, raising alerts when overspends/under-spends are identified.
- Support the NASCP finance team in Preparation of receipts, payment vouchers and follow up for necessary approval/signature;
- Posting on daily basis, of financial transactions data into the NASCP computerized accounting software;
- Monitor accurate cashbooks for all the bank accounts;
- Training, capacity building and transfer of knowledge
- Ensure regular and timely update and payment using Remita platform
- Ensure regular and timely bank reconciliation and following up on all reconciling items;
- Keep accurate record of all books of accounts and ensuring that all accounting records are consistent with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Variance analysis and forecasting
- Follow up on staff advances to ensure timely retirement including necessary refund of unspent funds;
- Review existing advance policy for effectiveness and where required, propose new strategies for effective advance management;
- Ensure advances to suppliers do not exceed the stipulated limit in the Procurement manual;
- Compare the balance of all unretired advances to the total advances within the period to identify trends and report unusual patterns;
- Regular review of insurance status, particularly for most- at-risk assets e.g. vehicles;
- Any other duties assigned by the Head of the Accounts Unit.
The key deliverable of the engagement is:
- Satisfactory level of accountability and internal control maintained at all times
- Advances retired with acceptable documentation and vouchers
- Analysis of monthly expenditure, raising alerts when overspends/under-spends are identified.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum of B.Sc in Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years post NYSC experience in finance/ accounting function
- Professional Accountant with ICAN certification
- Thorough knowledge and proven experience in accounting and finance
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and work well with people.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to work effectively under pressure.
- Experience with Budget and financial reporting
- Previous experience working on a Global Fund funded project will be an added advantage
Global Fund Code of Conduct:
- You shall get acquainted with the global fund code of conduct for suppliers using this link below: https://www.theglobalfund.org/media/3275/corporate_codeofconductforsuppliers_policy_en.pdf
Contracting and Accountability
- The successful candidate will be accountable to NASCP through the Head of the Accounts Unit.
- Duration: 12 months.
S/he will be paid competitive fees for the agreed duration based on qualification and experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should address and send their Applications (complete set of Proposal documents and Term of Reference (ToR)) to:
Assistant Director (Procurement Unit),
National AIDS/STIs Control Programme,
75 Ralph Shoidende Street,
Central Business District,