Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) translates to Doctors without Borders. We provide medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from healthcare. Our teams are made up of tens of thousands of health professionals, logistic and administrative staff – bound together by our charter. Our actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of impartiality, independence and neutrality. We are a non-profit, self-governed, member-based organisation. MSF was founded in 1971 in Paris by a group of journalists and doctors. Today, we are a worldwide movement of nearly 65,000 people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Data Entry Supervisor
Location: Gamboru / Ngala, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Place of Recruitment: Gamboru / Ngala
Work location: Gamboru / Ngala
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Ensure completion of all activities related to medical data entry and data management into the mission database.
- Supervise, organise and plan the activity of Data Entry officers/operators, as well as identify their training needs in order to provide a good service support and reliability of the data collected.
- Supervise, organise and plan the activity of Data Entry officers to have a reliable record of medical activity performed, as well as identify their training/technical support needs in order to provide a good service support and reliability of the data collected.
- Ensure collation and entry of all data identified by project managers for collection (e.g. morbidity, mortality, surveillance of diseases of epidemics, nutrition, psychological and women’s health, etc) into the appropriate data management system while ensuring quality of data
- Do quality control data officers’ performance on regular basis
- Know and ensure proper use of software used for recording (i.e. Fuchia, Epi Info, etc.).
- Ensure accuracy of the medical data entered into the mission’s database on a regular basis, according to MSF protocols and carry out regular back-ups.
- Provide technical support to data entry officers/operators in project sites and give response to their training needs.
- Provide regular statistical reports for the medical team as well as informing the superior of any missing information, major changes or big differences in data.
- Essential proven computer literacy
- Secondary Education or qualifications either in Administration, Data entry or in Statistics. Degree in Information and Technology (IT) desirable.
- Essential working experience of at least one year with MSF.
- Desirable knowledge on medical statistics data bases.
- Essential knowledge of use of computer including processing of documents (Word, Excel).
- Mission working language and local languages essential.
- Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Behavioural Flexibility, Commitment to MSF Principles, Stress Management.
- Candidate applying must have a valid National Identity card issued by NIMC & a BV number.
Deadline: 30th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applications must be in English and include:
- Complete CV and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and ID
- Contact information of the previous employer / s for reference.