Education as a Vaccine (EVA) is a youth-led, youth-focused non-profit organization created to work in partnership with children, adolescents and young people in particular adolescent girls and young women to advance their rights to health and freedom from all forms of violence by strengthening their capacities, providing direct services and influencing policies for improved quality of life.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: HQ Office, Abuja (FCT)
Job Type: Part-time
Organization Unit: Strategy Development and Learning
Reports to: Team Leader
We Lead Program
- We Lead strengthens the potential of rightsholder organisations to both claims a more prominent role in broader SRH-R and human rights advocacy spaces and develop and pursue their own advocacy agenda.
- We believe in the right of every individual to decide about her, his or their own body and sexual and reproductive life.
- To this end, we bring together the four rightsholder groups within inspiring national-level Communities of Action (CoAs) and empower them to build inclusive movements.
- With the CoAs as a solid base to strengthen local organisations’ and rightsholders’ capacities to promote their SRH-R, we support them in developing and implementing strategies to shift social and gender norms – starting with their direct environment and gradually reaching the general public.
- We Lead will leave young women rightsholders with improved capacities, increased self-confidence, stronger networks, new knowledge, and more inclusive movements, so that even after We Lead ends, they are able to continue to claim their sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- To coordinate the development of tools, collection and analysis of data as well as documentation and sharing of results and impact for learning and improvements among different organizations and groups in the Community of Action (Community of Action).
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will work directly with the Program Coordinator, Advocacy and Policy Influencing, Community of Action members and the HR/Admin Officer in the delivery of key tasks.
Key Task and Responsibilities
- Strengthen capacity and provide technical support to the COA for adequate monitoring and evaluation of project activities
- Provide technical support and participate in all research activities conducted on the We Lead Program
- Assist in developing We Lead bi-annual M&E report to track progress in achieving We Lead’s strategic targets, outcomes and impact.
- Lead analysis of data collected for assessment of progress and areas of improvement.
- Promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learnt among COA.
- Assist with other organizational activities as may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field;
- 3 years of experience in MEL operations preferably in an NGO environment;
- Understanding of local and international development issues.
- Good understanding of programme design, theory of change functions and logical frameworks, including links between objectives, indicators, targets and activities.
- Extensive experience in supporting M&E strategies and systems, and writing reports.
- Experience in data gathering and analysis.
- Strong assessment, evaluation, analysis and strategic planning skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Experience in archiving systems and knowledge management.
- Preferably is a young person, and preferably identifies as part of one of the rightsholder groups.
Deadline: 1st October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online