Catholic Institute for Development Justice and Peace is a faith based Non Governmental Organization that focus of the needs of Orphans and Vulnerable Children in the society with the aim of giving them support to quality education, health and meaningful livelihood.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: OVC Education, Adolescents and Protection Officer
Location: Obollo Afor, Enugu
Employment Type: Full-time
- The purpose of this position is to provide technical guidance and ensure the implementation of Education activities for community based OVCs support in the 4GATES project.
- The OVC Education, Adolescents and Protection Officer is under the supervision of the Program Manager, in collaboration with other thematic areas officers organize a range of duties related to education and child protection.
- The Education Officer will provide technical leadership in education OVC services.
- The OVC Education and Protection Officer will have some combination of technical expertise and experience in OVC service areas that include;psychosocial support, education, child rights and advocacy.
- The OVC Education, Adolescent and Protection Officer will guide the project technically in terms of: OVC service provision; capacity development and mentoring of community volunteers and care givers on child education.
- To develop detailed annual/monthly/weekly work-planfor OVC Care and support in child protection and education and participates in project evaluations and assessments.
- To identify and support indigent OVC with primary and secondary school fees.
- To plan for and oversee debriefing training for adolescent youths.
- To plan for and undertake follow-up trainings for community volunteers.
- To facilitate the formation and training of Community OVC coalitions and task forces
- To represent PCI in OVC forums at local and national levels.
- To prepare and submit timely monthly, reports and share with partners as appropriate.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum of First Degree in Law or a Degree in Education, Social Sciences or other relevant field
- 2-3 years post NYSC experience.
- Have an understanding of the child right sector, OVC frameworks in Nigeria and OVC programming guidelines including National Service Standards is essential.
- Experience working with children
- Experienced in child rights
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and power point presentation
- Excellent project management skills and attention to details
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in English and Igbo is essential
Deadline: 29th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.