Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, the Ikeja Electric (IE), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Job Type: Full time
Reporting To: Head Project Management Office
- Oversee multiple construction projects for the company, working with contractors, employees, and high-level executives with the goal of ensuring that projects achieve its intended objectives as well as deliver project within stipulated timeline and budget
- Minimizing the cost of projects and enhancing value for money, while still achieving the required standards, quality and timely completion of projects
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables of assigned strategic initiatives in collaboration with stakeholders and facilitate identification of key business requirements
- Working closely with the procurement team on the development of procurement strategies for projects
- Contract administration; performing site visits, attending site meetings, assessments, measurement and valuation of work done on sites, variations, extension of time, fluctuation and claims resolution
- Communicate effectively with external and internal customers to deliver projects’ requirements
- Develop clear business case/impact assessment for all projects
- Develop and review Bill of quantity of major projects within the business
- Come up with a detailed work plan for assigned project
- Identify risks and support development of mitigation actions
- Track and monitor progress of different activities within the project, especially key milestones and critical path items.
- Identify and coordinate interfaces between various work streams within the project
- Administer and manage project resources while ensuring that required approvals are obtained for project expenditures and that adequate documentation is maintained
- Provide leadership and direction to project team members towards effective and efficient project execution and delivery
- Develop presentations, reports and provide briefings on projects to executive management team / board as may be required.
- Assists in developing the methodology for project management standards and procedures across the company
- Managing the storage of project documentation and lessons learnt
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs
- Ensure daily inspections at the CHQ and doing same through assigned team members at the business unit and undertaking locations to ensure that business runs smoothly
- Manage emergency issues that arise in anything that breaches the safety, security, or usability of company facilities.
- Work closely with vendors to ensure that the business is maximizing resources; negotiate these contracts and making sure the terms of the contracts are fulfilled.
- Supervise the preparation of project concept notes, designs and bill of quantities for all new construction, remodeling and renovation projects.
- Conduct regular market survey to understand the fluctuation and workings of the formal and informal economy
- Measure and value the work done on site when necessary
- Price/forecast the cost of the different materials needed for projects
- Perform any other duties as requested by line manager or head of department
- First Degree in Quantity Surveying or any other related course
- At least 7 years relevant work experience from related sector/ organisation with proven track record of numerous successful complex projects (delivered on time, meeting client requirements and with high team satisfaction)
- NIQS (Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors) Certified and/or QSRBN (Quantity Surveyors Registration Board of Nigeria)
- PMP / PRINCE II certification will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of OSHA and other environmental regulations
- Quantity Surveying
- Project Management
- Planning, Budgeting, and Forecasting
- Change Management
- Project Management
- Contract& Vendor Management
- Construction Management
- Technical & Architectural Designs
- 3D Designs & Presentations
- Advance Payment Amortizations
- Project milestone valuation
- Communications and interpersonal relations
- Supervisory/managerial skills
- Problem solving and decision making
- Managing resources
- Business focus
Deadline: 24th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online