Sunrose Consulting Limited – Our client is an Elementary School providing facilities also for foundation (Nursery). The school caters for children from the age of 1 year to 11 years. A Board of Directors whose services are given voluntarily manages the school. The school’s aim is to provide a secure and caring environment within which every child is encouraged to achieve his/her full potential academically, physically and socially.
It ensures that every child receives a broad and balanced education in preparation for the future. The premises include classrooms, a library, sickbay, information technology laboratory, school hall, together with other associated administrative rooms. These are set in a spacious compound with a playground for the children.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Classroom Teacher (Primary School)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Reporting to the Academic Manager, you will implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differential curriculum for pupils, incorporating the National Curriculum requirements and in line with the curriculum polices of the school.
- You will facilitate, support and monitor the overall progress and development of a designated group of pupils.
- In addition, you will foster a stimulating and creative learning environment and educational experience which provides students with the opportunity to fulfill their individual potential, that is conducive to the good management of teaching and learning.
- You will share in the development of the school curriculum, courses of study, teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment and their review.
- It is essential for all staff to follow all school procedures for ensuring the safety of all children in school.
- To teach pupils in their assigned group according to their educational needs, including the setting and marking of work to be carried out by the students in school and elsewhere.
- To ensure a high quality learning experience for pupils, that meets internal and external quality standards.
- To use a variety of a delivery methods appropriate to students’ learning styles and the varying demands of the curriculum.
- Planning and preparing courses and lessons;
- Teaching, according to their educational needs, the pupils assigned to him/her, including the setting and marking of work to be carried out by the pupils in school and elsewhere;
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainment of pupils.
- To ensure a high quality learning experience for pupils.
- Follows professional practices consistent with school and system policies in working with students, students’ records, parents, and colleagues.
- Demonstrates communication and interpersonal skills as they relate to interaction with students, parents, other teachers, administrators, and other school personnel.
- Is available to students and parents for conferences according to system policies
- Facilitates home-school communication by such means as holding conferences, telephoning, and sending written communications especially in communication diaries.
- Maintains confidentiality of students and students’ records
- Works cooperatively with the HOS, HODs’, special support personnel, colleagues, and parents.
- Assessments and Reports
- Staff Development / Training / Reviews / Meetings
- Discipline, Health and Safety
- Public Examinations
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a Bachelor’s Degree in any other discipline plus a Post Graduate Diploma in Education.
- At least five (5) years of teaching experience.
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the proven ability to professionally and effectively communicate with educators and parents
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of instructional methodology.
- Ability to identify and solve problems.
- Creative thinking skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Deadline: 9th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.