Ngcom is an established indigenous internet service provider (ISP) in Nigeria, licensed by the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: NOC Support Engineer
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The NOC Support Engineer will be responsible for proactive monitoring of base transceiver stations and IP devices, as well as fiber infrastructure across Ngcom’s network.
- Perform first line troubleshooting / fault isolation, resolve where necessary, and escalate to other levels for support.
- Maintain and ensure full compliance with all NOC processes and procedures
- Ensure proper technical documentation of all network events throughout normal / shift cycles or operations
- Monitor network providing update, status and performance of all network components, capacity services etc.
- Identify and provide first-line support on all faults on the network in accordance with the Company’s standard operating procedure for fault escalation and management
- Answer all network support related telephone calls and interface with internal/external customers on operational issues and related network events, using standard operating procedures
- Run daily and weekly management reports on network events and activities as well as tracking escalations and other key performance indicators and ensure all customer SLAs are met.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- B.Sc / HND in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the configuration, operations and maintenance of optical fiber SDH and wireless network equipment.
Skills & Competencies:
- Knowledge of Ubiquiti or Cambium radio
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong Knowledge of DWDM/OTN technology
- Good Knowledge of OLT
- Strong knowledge of PtP/PtMP Microwave technologies
- Knowledge of basic TCP/IP configurations and troubleshooting
- This is a shift based role.
Deadline: 31st October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only qualified persons will be considered for this role.