GOALPrime Organization Nigeria (GPON) is a policy-driven humanitarian, non-governmental organization that implements her program through a revitalized partnership. It is a non-profit organization with a mandate of making the lives of vulnerable people better, those affected by disaster or crisis. GPON is presently operating in the Northeastern regional part of Nigeria where we have reached over 100,000 lives with relief materials, child protection services. GBV mitigation services, livelihood skill-building, health services, and Education support services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Officer
Reference Number: N21 / NIG_ERF / RA1 / P / NGO / 18489
Employment Type: Temporary
About the Job
- The overall purpose of the role is to support logistics and purchasing for GPON offices and project locations in close coordination with the program teams, other departments (finance, HR, etc.), and to ensure compliance with GPON Supply Chain guidelines, under the supervision of the Operations Manager.
- Responsible for the procurement cycle including receiving & verifying Purchase Requests from program teams, identification of potential suppliers, receiving quotations from suppliers through a Single Quote or Request for Quotations (RFQ) process, completing RFQ reports, organizing signing of Purchase Orders (contracts) with suppliers, and working with the finance team to ensure timely payment to suppliers.
- Ensure all processes are completed following the GPON Procurement Manual, SOPs, and donor guidelines
- Filing, scanning, and sharing all required documents & procurement/supplier files.
- Maintaining an up-to-date procurement tracker in coordination with the operation manager or response manager
- Conduct all duties following the GPON Code of Conduct and ensure all GPON Suppliers conform with the GPON Code of Ethics.
- Follows up promptly with Suppliers for all urgent requirements.
- Provides timely Procurement Reports on Procurement activity to line manager and related programs
- Responsible for the fleet management for all GPON vehicles
- To ensure the cars are in a clean condition daily.
- Collect vehicles data and complete vehicles monthly reports
- Follow up and maintain Generator’s fuel consumption through trackers, weekly and monthly reports.
- To perform general check up on the cars (engine oil, brake oil, tires pressure, wiper fluid, radiator fluid, etc.) to make sure the car is ready at all times where practicable.
- Develop daily and weekly movement plans.
- Responsible for the following up Vehicle fuel refilling and maintenance.
- Support the movement of goods from the warehouse(s) to distribution sites.
- Take Monthly inventory of goods in the warehouse.
- Ensure the hygiene and cleanliness of the warehouse.
- Provide oversight for casual workers.
- Scan delivered items and ensure quality.
- Responsible for logistical support to the sub-offices at program locations, and to program teams including maintenance & repair, generator functionality & fueling, etc.
- Any other duties may be assigned by the line manager.
- This job description is not a definitive task list but has been done to clarify the responsibilities of the employee
Experience and technical competencies:
- HND / B.Sc Degree
- 2 years or more of experience in logistics/ fleet/procurement is preferred
- Experience working with NGOs or humanitarian organizations is a plus.
- Must be organized, able to multi-task, flexible, and able to work as a team
- Honesty & integrity are a must
- Strong computer skills including advanced Excel skills.
- Good communication skills are written and verbally.
Deadline: 22nd October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants must upload a Cover Letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- Applications sent by email will not be considered.
- Given the urgency of the vacancy the position may be filled before the due date.
- GPON and GPON workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in GPON Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. Following these values, GPON operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
- GPON is an Equal Opportunity Employer. GPON considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.