GOALPrime Organization Nigeria (GPON) is a policy-driven humanitarian, non-governmental organization that implements her program through a revitalized partnership. It is a non-profit organization with a mandate of making the lives of vulnerable people better, those affected by disaster or crisis. GPON is presently operating in the Northeastern regional part of Nigeria where we have reached over 100,000 lives with relief materials, child protection services. GBV mitigation services, livelihood skill-building, health services, and Education support services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Coordinator
employment type: Full Time
- Provide leadership, and facilitate the processes that will ensure a well-coordinated, strategic, adequate, coherent, and effective response by partners at WASH under the supervision of the Response Manager.
- Act as key GPON representative on WASH
- Ensure external representation of GPON in the WASH sector, vis-à-vis country and local authorities, other project stakeholders, donors, and partners
- Participate in and report (internally) on WASH technical and sectoral meetings, clusters, and working groups involving all relevant stakeholders such as donors, NGOs, UN Agencies, intergovernmental institutions
- Ensure effective coordination and collaboration with key stakeholders and partners, i.e. NGOs, civil society organizations, community groups, and government counterparts who are working on WASH
- Identify opportunities to collaborate and coordinate efforts with other organizations to ensure our activities build upon – rather than replicate – the work of others.
- Collect and analyze primary and secondary data related to the WASH sector
- Analyze the activities in the WASH sector and relevant stakeholders
- Identify the needs of the most vulnerable populations through regular visits and literature review, and the design and implementation of relevant needs assessments in close collaboration with AMEU
- Lead WASH project conceptualization workshops
- Provide technical inputs into proposal design and ensure new or adapted projects for the WASH sector focus on maximizing efficiencies, impact, and integrated approaches
Internal WASH Technical Support and Coordination:
- Support the development and maintenance of a coherent WASH strategy across GPON’s areas of intervention
- Promote harmonization of approaches and methodologies across the different WASH projects by developing and monitoring the use of common tools, as well as creating opportunities for experience sharing and learning
- Brief Response Manager and the CoP about main WASH issues, and updating them regularly.
- Organize internal WASH meetings monthly.
- Define WASH project implementation modalities and methodologies (including, but not limited to technical specifications, identification and registration of beneficiaries, distribution, and sensitization)
- Lead the development of all technical tools related to WASH projects (ToRs for consultants and evaluators, ad hoc reports, capitalization reports);
- Analyze the appropriateness, adequacy, and potential impact of all interventions in the WASH sector based on known contexts and needs
- Provide technical support to the other WASH staff to implement the GPON WASH projects to a high-quality standard;
- Liaise with WASH technical staff regularly to ensure technical assistance is provided to projects when needed
- Disseminate tools, research, best practices, and lessons learned internally and externally through publications, networks, working groups, events, and conferences.
Staff Capacity Building:
- Participate in the recruitment and training of WASH sector staff members
- In coordination with HR, Coordinator identify individual training needs and ensure access to training and professional development opportunities appropriate to the skill gaps and needs
- Provide training to projects teams on GPON activities and WASH best practices
- Develop training material for different pieces of training to share within the WASH project teams
- Develop capacity-building programmes for staff
Expected Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in WASH;
- At least 5 years of experience in project implementation in the field, preferably in an international context;
- Being a strong team player;
- Familiarity with the aid system, and ability to understand donor and governmental requirements;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills;
- Ability to coordinate and manage staff and project activities;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Ability to organize and plan effectively;
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people;
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions and under pressure;
- Fluent English skills required;
- Knowledge of local language and/or regional experience is an asset.
Deadline: 23rd October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants must upload a Cover Letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- Applications sent by email will not be considered.
- GPON and GPON workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in GPON Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. Following these values, GPON operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
- GPON is an Equal Opportunity Employer GPON considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.