The Delta State Polytechnic, established by the Delta State Polytechnic Ogwashi-Uku Law, 2002, is one of the three polytechnics in Delta State, Nigeria, Located in Ogwashi-Uku, Delta State, Nigeria. The polytechnic offers National Diplomas and Higher National Diplomas in Art and Design (Fashion Design and Clothing Technology, and General Art), Business (Accountancy, Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Mass Communication, Office Technology Management and Production Operations Management), Engineering (Agriculture and Bio-environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Foundry Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering and Welding and Fabrication) and Applied Sciences (Computer Science, Mathematics and Statistics and Hospitality and Tourism Management).
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Architect II (CONTEDISS 08)
Location: Ogwashi-Uku, Delta
Department: Physical Planning
- The Architect Il of the Polytechnic shall be responsible to the Director of Physical Planning of the Polytechnic for the day to day administration of the Polytechnic’s Physical Planning Department
- He/She shall carry out assigned architectural duties in the Polytechnic
Qualifications and Experiences
- Candidates must possess any of the following or equivalent qualifications with the Architectural Registration Council of Nigeria (ARCON):
- A good Bachelor of Science Degree (minimum of Second Class Lower Division) in Architecture from a recognized University with least four (4) years post qualification cognate experience.
- A Pass in the Final Examination of the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA):
- A Pass in the Final Examination of the Nigerian Institute of Architects (NIA).
- A Master’s Degree in Architecture from Institution of Architecture or the Royal Institute of Architect is an added advantage.
Conditions of Service
- Terms and conditions would be specified in the letter of appointment
- The remuneration and benefits are as applicable in the Nigerian Polytechnic System.
Deadline: 8th December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Twenty-Five (25) copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae, which will include the following information:
- Full Name (Surname first)
- Date and Place of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area of Origin
- Current Postal / Contact Addresses (with Phone Number(s) and E-mail Address)
- Permanent Home Address
- Institutions attended with dates
- Educational qualifications with dates
- Professional qualifications with dates
- Membership of Professional bodies
- Distinctions, Honours and Awards with dates
- Statement of work experience including full details of former and present posts
- Academic related services to the Nation and the Tertiary Institutions
- Important Academic Conferences Workshops / Courses attended with dates
- Technical Reports
- Details of Previous and Present Appointments
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Names and Addresses of Referees (two of whom must be in candidate’s field of study).
Applications should be submitted by Courier Services under cover in sealed envelope(s) marked “Post of Architect II” to:
Delta State Polytechnic,
Delta State, Nigeria.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Each Candidate must have three (3) referees who should be requested by the applicant to forward their referrals report under confidential cover by courier service directly to the address above.