The Delta State Polytechnic, established by the Delta State Polytechnic Ogwashi-Uku Law, 2002, is one of the three polytechnics in Delta State, Nigeria, Located in Ogwashi-Uku, Delta State, Nigeria. The polytechnic offers National Diplomas and Higher National Diplomas in Art and Design (Fashion Design and Clothing Technology, and General Art), Business (Accountancy, Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Mass Communication, Office Technology Management and Production Operations Management), Engineering (Agriculture and Bio-environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Foundry Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering and Welding and Fabrication) and Applied Sciences (Computer Science, Mathematics and Statistics and Hospitality and Tourism Management).
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Civil / Structural Engineer II (CONTEDISS 08)
Location: Ogwashi-Uku, Delta
Department: Works & Estate
- The Civil / Structural Engineer shall be responsible to the Director of Works & Estate Department of the Polytechnic.
- He / She will be responsible for civil and structural design and engineering.
- Develop narrative specifications that defines the technical requirements to be adopted by the Institution;
- Must have extensive experience in engineering with concrete and steel structure;
- Must have experience with industrial projects like plants and related facilities:
- Should be able to develop structural design calculation
- Ability to liaise with geotechnical Engineers to investigate ground conditions and assessment of results (soil samples and in-situ tests)
- Ability to ensure quality compliance on projects and incorporate HSE Criteria in the Civil / Structure.
Qualifications and Experiences
The qualifications, skills and experience of the candidate includes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering
- COREN registered and/or any other relevant certificates
- Good knowledge of the use of various software such as Autocad, Microsoft Projects, Staad Proscale, Orion, etc.;
- 4-7 years working experience:
- Knowledge of Industrial type of projects, plus NYSC
- Discharge Certificate or Exemption Certificate.
Conditions of Service
- Terms and conditions would be specified in the letter of appointment
- The remuneration and benefits are as applicable in the Nigerian Polytechnic System.
Deadline: 8th December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Twenty-Five (25) copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae, which will include the following information:
- Full Name (Surname first)
- Date and Place of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area of Origin
- Current Postal / Contact Addresses (with Phone Number(s) and E-mail Address)
- Permanent Home Address
- Institutions attended with dates
- Educational qualifications with dates
- Professional qualifications with dates
- Membership of Professional bodies
- Distinctions, Honours and Awards with dates
- Statement of work experience including full details of former and present posts
- Academic related services to the Nation and the Tertiary Institutions
- Important Academic Conferences Workshops / Courses attended with dates
- Technical Reports
- Details of Previous and Present Appointments
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Names and Addresses of Referees (two of whom must be in candidate’s field of study).
Applications should be submitted by Courier Services under cover in sealed envelope(s) marked “Post of Civil / Structural Engineer II” to:
Delta State Polytechnic,
Delta State, Nigeria.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Each Candidate must have three (3) referees who should be requested by the applicant to forward their referrals report under confidential cover by courier service directly to the address above.
Leave a Reply