Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Systems Administrator
Department: Tech – IT
Employment Type: Full-time
- Configure & manage DHCP servers within a large corporate environment.
- Manage multiple small and large-scale technology deployments for the company including LAN / WAN interconnect, PC desktop design, configuration, and support.
- Implement and support TCP/IP management products such as DNS, DHCP and subnetting.
- Perform Linux sysadmin duties, including system installation, troubleshooting, etc.
- Set up network printers and copiers on print servers and folders/permissions for file servers.
- Set QOS maps to align with corporate day to day business and evolving business needs.
- Design and implement enterprise VPN solution.
- Design firewall modifications and site-to-site VPN connections.
- Devise network solutions to help convert existing voice network infrastructure to the proposed infrastructure while minimizing downtime during transition.
- Serve as primary network/systems engineer in the design of IT Networks and Infrastructure
- Analyze, monitor, and troubleshoot network components to identify potential improvements and to make modifications in accordance with changing requirements.
- Develop and implement standardized documentation templates for structure writing, and detail network diagrams for all engineers to easily troubleshoot issues.
- Troubleshoot and maintain wireless, ethernet network systems and provide rapid solutions.
- Participate in IP Planning, Implementation, and Network Management.
- Install and configure network switches, routers, and firewalls
- Install and administer servers, laptops and PCs including operating systems and applications
- Manage installations, upgrades and configurations of IT hardware and software.
- Assess system performance and recommend improvements
- Manage issues / incidents escalated by subordinates
- Reviewing workloads and manpower to ensure targets are met.
- Ensuring staff working on processes are happy and operating efficiently.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders in planning, administration, and execution of projects, processes, issue resolution, and procedures.
- Manage Field IT team responsible for IT assets and related tasks, both in the office and at events, to ensure stable, consistent operations and ensure client deliverables are met.
- Recommend improvements and automations to existing IT Service portfolios and support systems.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum Education level of B.Sc or B.Eng Degree in a related field.
- A minimum of 6 years of related work experience.
- Technical & IT Management certifications (CCNA or its equivalent)
- Strong understanding of projects from the perspective of both client and business
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Strong attention to detail
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in implementing and maintaining asset management procedure and solutions.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows, Unified threat management (UTM), Surveillance system and call application
- Technical support experience in standard network and server protocols (TCP / IP, DNS, DHCP), VLANs and Firewalls.
- Strong Understanding of Incident management through help-desk application
- Strong understanding of cabling standards to facilitate circuit or network extensions as needed
- Knowledge of open-source software and solutions
- Strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- People and problem management skills
- Ability to work independently – accountable for your own actions and able to act with both urgency and integrity.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
- A unique opportunity of having a strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online