Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Lead
Ref No: 829514
Worker Type: Employee
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
Time Type: Full time
- The purpose of the position is to assist with achieving the business objectives by supporting EHS initiatives, implementing the KCSA EHS policies and EHS Management systems.
- Provide assistance to ensure that the relevant Teams meet all legislative requirements for Environment, Health and EHS.
- The position is the main point of contact for EHS at all levels of the specific Departments. Ensure that EHS systems are maintained and EHS KPIs are met.
- Ensure that the KC EHS management system is being consistently applied and all objectives are achieved
- Assist with the completion of all EHS self-assessments and Support the annual EMEA EHS improvement plan
- Consulting and give guidance to the Departmental EHS committee monthly meeting
- Arrange for and attend Legal Audits; Ensure that all findings are loaded on ETQ and attended to
- Partake and assist with the annual Disney Audits
- Drive the implementation and training of the People-Centered Safety (PCS) system;
- Facilitate the PCS Steering Committee and draft and distribute monthly PCS statistics
- Ensure active monitoring and EHS auditing by using the audit checklists; Reports to be generated to area owners on NCR’s from audit checklists
- Support Projects team from a legal perspective with the safe execution of projects by contractors
- Review and approval of all contractor’s safety files
- Daily review of all outstanding EHS Events and Actions on ETQ as well as PCS Performance and report on the results in the Morning Management Meetings
- Investigate all PPE-related complaints and source new PPE where needed. Co-ordinate the testing of new proposed types of PPE
- Report on compliance on all EHS schedules, LSW and inspections
- Ensure all Risk Gemba’s within the site are attended to on a weekly basis, audited base on the evidence rated, recorded and Safety job cards are completed by area owners and actions manage
- Measure completion of reported EtQ incidents and tracking actions for feedback to site
- Administer and provide analysis and reporting of stats on ETQ EHS events module system
- Coach and mentor EHS Officers reporting to the EHS Lead
- Support and Drive the internal and external audits to be done within the different operational sites within MEA.
- Support with Contractor Management Control by reviewing of Safety Files and consultation regarding EHS matters
- Incorporate the Lean principles in the daily EHS activities
- Conduct follow up on the status of and assist with the closing of all Departmental Audit findings by using the EtQ CAPA System
- Communication of all EHS procedures and other types of EHS communications
- Administer and update Legal appointments as required by country law
- Maintain the EHS Risk Register for the site
- Ensure all EHS related procedures are reviewed and updated and these changes communicated to all
- Driving and monitoring EHS awareness campaigns and initiatives (EHS posters; EHS Initiatives from GOSH; Toolbox Talks)
- Ensure readiness on site for any emergency by conducting annual fire and evacuation drills
- Validate changes in machine guarding according to ISO standards
- Provide technical advice on various safety aspects in the mill, align engineering solutions to Country and EHS standards
- Drive reduction programmes for Environmental Impacts such as water usage, energy usage, waste recycling and waste to Land Fill
- Prepare and partake in the annual ISO 14001 Audits and ensure no major findings are raised
- Manage the Freshwater/Waste water, Storm water and waste management processes as per the KC standards
- Arrange for Legal Audits and Health and Hygiene surveys per operational Site
- Complete all compliance assessments as per the EtQ/ SoFi report requirements for environmental aspects
- Measure completion of reported Environmental incidents on EtQ incidents and tracking actions for feedback to site
- Initiate and Support the Mill and CBRE with waste recycle projects.
Health and Hygiene:
- Support the site clinic staff with Occupational Health-related aspects and ensure Ergonomic surveys is done on-site
- Arrange for Hygiene Audits and Health and Hygiene surveys per operational Site
- Arrange for the annual calibration of all clinic equipment including the hearing test booth
- Assess and approve all clinic orders to suppliers
- Assist with the managing of hazardous waste generated in the clinic as part of overall waste management process
- Provide analysis and reporting of clinic stats to leadership on yearly medical examination for all employees
- Complete the periodic medical check-up for all employees at risk as required by KC and country regulations.
- Degree in Environmental Management or Safety Management or NEBOSH International Diploma,
- 10 years EHS experience of which at least 5 years working experience in FMCG industry, Incident Investigation
- Training, SAMTRAC, IT IS/Train the Trainer
- ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 and ISO 45001 training, ISO 14001/9001 Auditors training or similar, Basic Measurement Techniques in Occupational Hygiene.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Leave a Reply