Owens and Xley is a Small Business Advisory and Consulting Company in Lagos, Nigeria. Our services include of Small Business Startup and Set up, Business Plan preparation, Business Process Design and Business Strategy Formulation.
We know the role good planning plays in any business and its associated costs; and the initial capital challenges faced by a small business which is why we have developed solutions which ensure that small business owners have access to technical skills but at a fraction of the cost.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Primary School
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Head of Primary is responsible for the day-to-day leadership and management of the Primary School within the scope of the school‘s Mission Statement.
- The Head of Primary provides strategic direction for the Primary School and promotes the aims of the school through the implementation of school policies.
- The Head of Primary assists the Principal in securing and maintaining an excellent education for all students, and in ensuring high standards of teaching, learning and achievement.
- The Head of Primary will ensure staff adhere to all policies and procedures and students adhere to all rules and regulations.
- To provide and lead the strategic direction for the Primary School in line with the whole school vision and development plan and as directed by the Principal.
- To ensure that the standards of teaching, learning and attainment in all areas of school life within the Primary School reflect the school’s mission of providing the best of education.
- Lead the primary school to ensure the highest quality of education provision
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of staff and support career pathways
- With key leadership staff, monitor and review pupil performance and progress.
- Ensure all policies are regularly updated, reviewed and implemented
- Recruit for, and plan the careful induction of new staff
- Ensure the successful implementation of the PYP and Nursery programmes in line with curriculum authorization and accreditation criteria
- Manage the primary school budget
- Foster good relationships with parents, the wider community and AKDN agencies
- Develop a close working relationship with Head of Secondary and Head
- B.Sc / Master’s Degree in Education
- Must have good knowledge of the Nigerian and British teaching curriculum
- At least 3-5 years experience in a school leadership position
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Evidence of experience to market and promote the school
- Ability to be proactive and initiate action
- Ability to manage a challenging workload and maintain a work life balance
- Proactivity – ability to use initiative, suggest improvements to processes, prioritise and be proactive in managing workload
- Excellent customer service skills and used to dealing with difficult situations
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- High level inter-personal skills enabling effective team leadership;
- Able to inspire and value all members of a dedicated and active school.
N150,000 to N250,000 / Month
Deadline: 24th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates ONLY should send an updated copy of their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.