FOAK Business Solutions Limited is an organization providing start-to-finish HR consulting firm that provides and enhances the current manpower resources within the organization to align with your Company’s goals and vision. At FOAK Business Solutions, we work closely with our valued customers to increase their readiness level and confidence to make the best out of their people. This apart from consulting, includes training, creation of processes, assessments, mitigation of risks and other services.
We also passionate about the labor market looking out to start their careers, experienced and want to grow or in anticipation to change career paths. Our achievements are as a result of our continuous endeavors to combine talent, quality and values together as a part of your team as we bridge the gap between employers/businesses and the interested labor manpower.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Field Logistics Officer
Locations: Kogi & Lagos
Employment Type: Contract
- The role of the Technical Field Logistics Officer is to ensure that the business planning framework is responsible for making sure technical products reach their destinations safely, securely, and on time.
- Part of supply chain management in charge of governing transportation efforts. Includes a range of professionals from logistics coordinators to truck drivers, warehouse managers to dispatch professionals.
- Plan warehouses and distribution centers for efficiency in both operations and capacity.
- Organize transportation activities, including receipt, moving and storage of technical equipment, managing information accrued from point of origin to delivery and sign off acceptance from the client/customer, orchestrating transportation movements, and arranging for services as necessary.
- Coordinate and track the movement of goods through logistic pathways
- Execute logistics plan to move products and packages to reach destinations on schedule.
- Review freight rates and other transportation costs to keep working costs low.
- Develop logistics along with support plans, budget requirements, and deployment timelines for new operations.
- Develop logistical plans for current operations and logistics contingency plans.
- Maintains quality throughout the logistic processes.
- Develop and execute logistics support policy, processes, and methodologies to the general benefit of the business.
- Generates reports on technical and personnel movements and various operational logistics problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in technical studies such as Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
- Minimum of four (4) years experience in a similar role.
- Shipping / Customs / Clearing logistics experience is highly required/preferred.
- Substantial knowledge of standard logistics procedures and practices required.
- Must be able to identify technical equipment in drawings.
- Read and understand the bill of lading documents.
- Familiar with the Nigerian custom processes, tax filing, etc, and port agents.
- Knowledge of logistics systems. Knowledge of logistics subset (e.g., People working in ground transportation need to understand trucking and rail shipments),
- Understanding of transportation issues, limitations, and regulations.
- Communication skills. Logisticians need strong communication skills to collaborate with colleagues and do business with suppliers and customers. Strong management skills.
- Critical-thinking skills & effective problem-solving skills.
- Quality management skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Organizational & planning skills.
- Ability to work well with others and with deadlines.
- Calm under pressure; ability to manage and release stress.
- Attention to detail.
- Proficient in project management.
Deadline: 5th February, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.