Jhpiego, an affiliate of John Hopkins university is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families, in collaboration with some of its partners, save the children International (SCI), Pediatric Association of Nigeria (PAN), Nigerian Society of Neonatal Medicine (NISONM), Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics of Nigeria (SOGON) and National Association of Nigerian Nurses and Midwives (NANNM), will be implementing a USAID funded global cooperative agreement called the Maternal and Child Survival Program (MCSP).
The program’s goal is to contribute significantly to ending preventable maternal and child deaths (EPMCD) in Nigeria. The five year project which started in October 2014 will end in September 2019 and will be implemented in Kogi and Ebonyi States of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Coordinator
Employment Type: Contract
- Jhpiego, through STAR Nigeria, is conducting an implementation research study to assess the feasibility and acceptance of blood and oral fluid Hepatitis C self-test kits in Nasarawa state. Jhpiego is seeking an experience Research Coordinator to oversee this study in Nasarawa for a period of 12 months
- The position reports to the STAR Project Director and receives day-to-day technical supervision and other support from the Strategic Information advisor.
- The Research Coordinator will provide overall coordination of the HCV study, overseeing the ethical implementation of the study, participate in training of data collection staff and coordinates data collection; oversee recruitment of human subjects, as well as to write and edit reports and manuscripts.
- Collaborate with study personnel in the strategic planning of study implementation.
- Ensure submission for IRB approvals.
- Oversee the recruitment, training and supervision of research assistants.
- Coordinate data collection for the study.
- Oversee accurate data entry into study database.
- Closely track study recruitment and enrollment and keep study PI updated on progress to sample size.
- Ensure compliance with the study protocol and standard operating procedures.
- Consult with co-investigators on appropriate management of participant problems and concerns.
- Ensure that the study is executed successfully and completed within time frames to meet research objectives.
- Oversee data management including data cleaning and analysis
- Participate in writing and editing of a technical reports and manuscripts for publication or presentation.
- Perform any other programmatic duties related to the study.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Demography, Economics, Sociology, Public Health or any other related Social Science subject, Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience in HIV / AIDS related research design, implementation and publication
- Excellent knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research models and data analysis
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in writing high-quality reports to funders and other stakeholders
- Excellent English writing skill
- Highly proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong planning, time management and project management skills
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Familiarity with quantitative data storage and analysis systems
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Results-oriented, professional, accountable and proactive
- Attention to detail and ability to deliver to a deadline
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision
- Strong interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills
Deadline: 3rd March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- CV and Cover Letter as a single word document
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer