Christian Aid exists to create a world where everyone can live a full life, free from poverty. We are a global movement of people, churches, and local organisations who passionately champion dignity, equality, and justice worldwide. We are the changemakers, the peacemakers, the mighty of heart.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Operations Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- The role will be responsible for leading Christian Aid’s operations in the North East and providing support to the program delivery.
- He/she will be responsible for leading and coordinating the units responsible for procurement, logistics & fleet management, human resources, warehousing & commodity management, administration, and ICT within the humanitarian response to enable the team to function smoothly and effectively.
- Proactively taking responsibility for making things work, ensuring smooth day-to-day operations, ensuring that sub-offices function optimally, blocking all wastages and loopholes while managing the relationship and performance of external suppliers and service providers.
- She/he will support Christian Aid’s funded programs which are implemented by Christian Aid and its partners in Borno and other northeast states.
- The role holder will be representing Christian Aid in sector working group meetings/activities and engaging in the right networks.
- The role reports to the Head of Operations.
- The post holder should have a first degree in any of the social sciences (business administration, public administration, economics, etc).
- Candidates should have 5-7 years working experience in a similar role/ context.
- A postgraduate degree, membership of a relevant professional body, and experience working in an international organisation is added advantage.
- The post holder is required to have a sound knowledge of managing and handling complex procurements in a rapid response program and sound experience in managing administrative processes.
- You are required to have a strong positive attitude with the ability to manage a wide range of complicated issues, indicated by a 5-7 years learning period.
- The post holder should have 3 – 4 years of demonstrable experience in leading and managing a team.
- You must have a demonstrable ability to communicate fluently in English (oral and written), excellent negotiation skills, the ability to maintain confidentiality, and the use of discretion as required.
- You must have sound knowledge of office programmes including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- You must be familiar with office operations in the Northeast Nigeria context Ability to communicate fluently in Haus is desirable.
- This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
- We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, religion, or belief.
- Christian Aid is committed to providing a safe and trusted environment for every person connected to the work we do; and to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour including sexual harassment and exploitation, abuse, and financial misconduct. Any candidate offered a job with Christian Aid is expected to share and demonstrate our values and adhere to Christian Aid’s Safeguarding policy and sign Christian Aid’s Code of Conduct.
- You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
Note: As part of your application, you will be asked to demonstrate your suitability by giving answers to the following questions:
- Tell us about a time when you were proactive in taking on new and additional work to achieve a team or organisational goal. What was the situation? What was the new/additional work? What was your task? Why did you need to be proactive? What did you do? Why? How? What was the outcome? What was the impact of what you did?
- Please tell us about a time when you were able to take action to end or reduce the inefficient use of resources. What was the context? What was expected of you? What action(s) did you take? What was the impact of your actions? In what way(s) were you successful?
- Tell us about a time when you planned, prioritized, and monitored your own work to meet the team’s objectives to the standards required. What was your context? What was your task/responsibility? How did you make your plan? What actions did you take? What was the impact of your actions? Were you successful? How did you know?
Deadline: 14th February, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Leave a Reply