Green Concern for Development (GREENCODE) is a National registered NGO with CAC No: CAC/IT/NO 25643 and has been in operation for over 10 years. Our mission is to work with the poor and socially excluded people and government for the promotion of environmental and human rights protection in communities in Nigeria, aimed at poverty reduction through education, information sharing, research, trainings, and direct impact interventions are in humanitarian emergency response and development, with physical presence in Borno, Yobe, Adamawa, Abuja, Cross River, Akwa Ibom states.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Shelter Project Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- As delegated by line-manager, responsible for supporting the successful implementation of all Shelter projects delivered through direct led modalities throughout the full project cycle.
- Responsible for supporting technical quality in accordance with the agreed GREENCODE strategies, tools, and guidelines. This includes – but is not limited to – ensuring the compliance of all Shelter projects with Housing, Land and Property (HLP) requirements, meaningful consultation with affected populations throughout the project cycle, needs-based targeting and selection, and integration with other Core Competencies (where relevant).
- As delegated by line-manager, responsible for supporting Shelter technical components of Area Office-level needs assessment. This will include Rapid Needs Assessments (RNAs), Multi-Sector Needs Assessments (MSNAs), Detailed/Sectoral Assessments, and construction assessments (including BoQs).
- Responsible for supporting protection mainstreaming in all Shelter related activities throughout the project cycle. This includes – but is not limited to – ensuring safety and dignity of beneficiaries, understanding their diverse needs, enabling meaningful access to GREENCODE services, ensuring adequate accountability to affected populations, ensuring adequate participation and consultation, and supporting the realization of their human rights. All project activities will be conducted in accordance with the Protection Mainstreaming Strategy, tools, and guidelines.
- As delegated by line-manager, responsible for accurate and high-quality Monitoring and Evaluation of GREENCODE Shelter-related activities, including information management and archiving. This will include – but is not limited to – the successful implementation of construction/process, output and outcome monitoring conducted by GREENCODE, implementing partners, and/or third parties. M&E activities will be conducted in accordance with the GREENCODE / Donor Strategy, tools and guidelines.
- The position holder is responsible for maintaining a collaborative working environment with other team members, both within the Shelter project team, within other Core Competencies and with the Support Team.
- Participate in internal project staff coordination meetings
- Prepare quality reports (weekly monthly and quarterly) and submit to the Project Manager
- Establish a good working environment with project staff and other actors in the field
- Keep and update the filing system regularly
- Develop tools for data collection and data analysis
- Regular monitoring/supervision of ongoing activities in districts on shelter construction issues.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree / HND / OND qualification with 1 – 2 years work experience.
Deadline: 24th February, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and completed GREENCODE’s Competency Form (request for the competency form for the position you are applying for) to the following e-mail addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- The title of the position, for example Project Officer, must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The position is valid for the duration stated, we don’t pay relocation allowance or provide house for field staff.
- Only applicant that adhere to the full instruction in this advert will be attended to.
- Selected applicants must be willing to participate in our interview process from our Maiduguri office.
- Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis before the deadline.