Freedom Foundation is a faith based non-profit, committed to addressing the ever-mounting and staggering challenges facing members of society living in absolute poverty. Our model includes Rehabilitation, Education, Empowerment, Research, and Awareness Promotion, and it actively partners with the government, other NGOs, civil society organizations and corporate institutions to ensure the delivery of human services at the greatest points of impact.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Matron
Employment Type: Part-time
- Support the intake process by ensuring no overpopulation in the shelter and optimum utilization of resources.
- Welcome new clients into the home, read the house rules to the new intake, and ensure the new intake understands the rules.
- Assign clients to a room, bed, and locker.
- Establish the house rules in collaboration with the Program Manager and maintain order in the house.
- Send weekly house management report to the Program Manager through Administrative.
- Log all facility management issues appropriately and escalate any requests for repairs within four hours of discovery
- Monitor all movement in the home – ensuring only authorized persons are in the home area; all unauthorized persons are to be escorted back to the office or reception
- Conduct daily walkthroughs to ensure cleanliness, safety, and security of the environment.
- Monitor Usage of household item and food supplies, ensuring adequate supplies for the number of clients in residence
- Ensure processes (schedules, timetables etc.) for home management (cooking, cleaning, laundry, washing, etc.) Are monitored and conducted in an efficient and effective manner
- Conduct daily group devotions (prayer and Bible study)
- Ensure clients strictly observe timetable as set by the Program Manager, Case worker/Social Worker and Admin Officer
- Send a daily shift report to the social worker on client behavior during the shift
- Report all incidents of abuse/neglect/bullying or any negative behavior that impacts the welfare of other clients to the case manager immediately, and log in shift report
- Supervise client daily chores
- Provide a supportive and encouraging environment for the Clients
- Manage client phone and ensure appropriate and fair use of phone
- Resolve disputes among clients and facilitate conflict management
- Respond to health emergencies, performing basic first aid and taking clients to the hospital during out-of-office hours (during office hours this shall be the responsibility of the case manager/social worker)
- Ensure adequate documentation and Program Manager/Director’s signature on exit clearance form before initiating exit processing.
- Support in monitoring client’s rehabilitation progress
- Maintain client confidentiality
- Make recommendations to Program staff (Admin,social worker, program manager, program director) on client welfare and/or house management
- Assist with completion of necessary reports and participate in other activities as requested.
Minimum Skills, Education & Experience
- A minimum of a OND qualifications in Sociology, Gender Studies or related field
- Added advantage for Degree holder in Nursing
- Knowledge of Christian doctrine and values,
- Knowledge of Household management,
- Computer literacy,
- Counselling and mentoring and Teaching skills
- Able to Manage Conflicts and manage people.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience
- Experience with delinquents, troubled and Hard to reach young adolescents.
- Exposure to victims of violence and / substance dependence.
- Computer literacy (Basic MS Office suite)
Deadline: 30th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Leave a Reply