Grand Pela Hotels & Suites, Abuja, managed by Premium Swiss Hotels & Resorts Zurich-Switzerland, is a luxury 4Star hotel located in the residential area in Durumi, near American Int’l School, Abuja. The Hotel is 30 minutes drive to/from Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport and 15mins from the city Centre of Abuja.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hotel Driver
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- As a driver in the hotel, your primary responsibility is to transport the hotel’s guests upon arrival, departure and any other driving-related duties and responsibility
- Additionally, you should also assist other departments for their transportation requirements eg. driver around the hotel’s sales team to attend sales calls.
- Also responsible for the up keeping of the vehicle at all times and also provide excellent service to the guests as per the hotel’s standard service procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Able to meet all the comfort requirements of the hotel guests and customer.
- Able to drive in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responsible to assist the guests in any travel or destination regarding issues by applying his/ her knowledge of the local area.
- Able to keep a record of all the incidents while driving, for example, any accidents or tickets.
- Able to ensure safe and easy travel for the customers/ guests to their destinations or to the hotel.
- Able to file the record of the timings for which the vehicle was used and the purpose to his/ her superior.
- Able to comply with all the traffic/ road rules and regulation of the state while also following the policies of the hotel authorities.
- Responsible to ensure the safety of the guests while travelling.
- Responsible to ensure the security of guest belonging while travelling.
- Ensure that the guests are wearing seat belts.
- Able to welcome the guest with a placard at the airport.
- Maintain good coordination with the hotel’s airport representative.
- Able to maintain a positive conversation with the guests.
- Should follow all designated SOP’s for any vehicle breakdowns and accidents.
- Assist the guests with the luggage as and when required.
- Transport guest luggage to and from designated bell desk or lobby area.
- Provide the complimentary water and cold towels (as per hotels standard operating policy SOP) once the guest is seated comfortably in the car.
- Maintain proper records of the trip starting and ending kilometres or miles.
- The guest signature must be taken if the room bill is to be posted on to the folio.
- If the guest is paying the taxi fare by cash then the exact tender or change must be returned back to the guest.
- If the guest is paying by credit or debit card then he/she should be able to handle the mobile EDC (Electronic Data capture machine) and swipe the accurate charges on the machine.
- Follow the standard route and reporting time schedule at all times.
- Forward or report all guest complaints, problems or incidents to the manager on duty or travel desk manager.
- Perform any trips and drives with the hotel car/bus as requested.
- Responsible to park the car at designated parking areas and also follow the parking policy.
- Obey all traffic and driving regulations like speed limit etc at all times.
- Keep the vehicle spotless in both exterior and interior appearance.
- In charge of the maintenance of his vehicles service dues, cleaning, up keeping and running condition.
- He/she is responsible to report to the superiors regarding all incidents.
- Assist with hotels administrative departments with transportation requirements like sales calls etc.
- Always maintain positive customer relations at all times.
- Have a good knowledge of the hotel’s facilities and services.
- Able to provide information on hotels amenities, activities, restaurants and any places of interest near the hotel.
- Able to provide details on hotels room features like wifi, minibar, tea coffee maker and other amenities if asked by the guest.
- Responsible to maintain either hotel’s vehicle or the vehicle of third party service providers.
- Keep the assigned car or vehicle clean and ensuring that it is mechanically sound.
- The vehicle must be spotless in appearance and ready to go for a drive without issue at all times.
- Inspect vehicle using the car / limousine checklist and rectify any issues found during the checking.
- Ensure effective handover from the earlier shift and sign on the log book.
- Preferably non-smoker due to the close proximity with the guest, use mouth freshness to avoid bad odours.
- Maintain high grooming and personal hygiene standards.
- Always wear a proper uniform with name tag nicely polished (if required).
- Practices accident prevention measures.
- Maintains good personal safety and grooming standards.
- Maintain the parking spaces and key cabinet and ensure cleanliness is to the maximum.
- Treat all clients and colleagues in a polite and courteous manner at all times.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the management.
Educational Qualification and Experience
- High School or similar educational qualification.
- 2-3 years prior hotel experience required in a similar role.
- Excellent driving skills.
- Valid driver’s license with the excellent driving record.
- No black points on license.
- The ideal candidate will be a well presented, young minded individual with an outgoing and friendly attitude.
Deadline: 16th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.