The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICLA Data Officer
Job Identification: 4154
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance
- The position of ICLA Officer (Data) will be based in Yola and will be supporting the Offices the Field Offices under Area South.
- He/She will be responsible for specific tasks related to Data Encoding, Database Management, Data Quality Assurance, Update and report Indicators performance, and monthly reporting on GORS for the Area South Offices.
- All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity, and accountability.
- These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
Role and Responsibilities
- Under the overall guidance and supervision of the ICLA Specialist, the ICLA Data Officer ensures accurate data management and reporting for the ICLA projects.
- These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Support the work of the ICLA technical staff through the development and maintenance of an up-to-date ICLA database
- Produce regular, high quality qualitative and quantitative reports as required
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
Specific roles and responsibilities include:
- Ensure the timely and accurate uploading of all data collected by ICLA staff onto the database
- Oversee the operation of the ICLA database and Kobo data collection software, conducting repairs, updates and improvements as required
- Produce detailed, relevant, and high-quality qualitative and quantitative reports as requested
- Contribute to the development and improvement of the ICLA team’s data collection methods and tools
- Conduct regular training for ICLA staff to improve the quality of the data being collected
- Provide quality control and oversight of the data that is being collected, identifying and addressing errors in collection or input
- Support M &E and ICLA staff in outcome survey monitoring and reporting
- Report monthly on GORS
- Update and report on a monthly basis indicator tracker for different projects
- Support proper filing of documents and compliance with data protection policies
- Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organization to deliver desired results.
- They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
- These are skills, knowledge, and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other relevant fields
- At least 3 years experience working with databases and data collection platforms, including the writing of quantitative and/or qualitative reports
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good knowledge of English
Context / Specific skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining databases
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining mobile data collection platforms. Previous experience of Kobo strongly preferred
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis methods
- Advanced computer skills, including MS Office, Excel, SQL, Access, etc
- Ability to present complex data clearly
- These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job.
- NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioral competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling an insecure environment.
Deadline: 14th March, 2022 by 14:54.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online