At Roche, more than 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement & Supply Chain Manager
Reference ID: 202203-112937
Employment Type: Full Time
Sub Category: Procurement Delivery & Operations
Job Level: Manager with direct reports
- The Roche Finance Chapter is looking for a fit-for-future professional to join our Nigerian team as Procurement & Supply Chain Manager, with the ability to swarm the company and teams through uncertain environments.
- The professional is a self-starter team player who uses agile practices to drive outcomes tied to the enterprise’s ambition. Owns fiduciary responsibilities and acts as the custodian of the performance and the company’s license to operate, continuously interacting with Networks, Local Business Squads, and external environment to drive and co-create solutions beyond finance and services boundaries.
- Procurement and Contract Management
- Improve total costs, service, quality and timely delivery for materials and services identified in the scope of centralized purchasing.
- Focus on supplier performance in close collaboration with stakeholders and in line with global category strategies.
- Ensure that the procurement function is carried out in accordance with high professional standards, in full compliance with internal SOPs, group guidelines, and all relevant legislation.
- Build a strong collaborative network with internal customers, global procurement and supply chain functions.
- Ensure development and implementation of site procurement strategies and local supplier relationship management
- Ensure continuous improvement of processes and business value of systems in use by actively suggesting measures to improve costs, efficiency and transparency
- Manage and optimize the local procurement to pay processes and ensure compliance to Roche procurement guidelines and SOPs. Accountable for meeting the procurement outcomes.
- Work closely with Commercial, Medical and Regulatory teams to promote process improvements and ensure adherence to relevant SOPs.
- Coordinate and act as implementation lead for global procurement projects in Nigeria.
- Establish local procurement contracts that offer the most efficient and cost effective approach to acquire required goods/services.
- Establish and maintain supplier relationships by serving as a single point of contact for contractual matters.
- Manage record keeping for all contract-related correspondence and documentation.
- Provide contract-related issue resolution, both internally and externally.
- Monitor and complete contract close-out, extension or renewal, as appropriate.
- Communicate contract-related information to all stakeholders.
- Supervise the logistics function for Roche Products: planning, inventory management, importation and customs clearance procedures.
- Manage the logistics service provider on warehousing and in-market distribution of Roche products. Ensure that the warehouse is properly secured, that suitable and comprehensive measures are taken to guard against theft;
- Ensure that maximum efforts are taken to protect the warehouse from damage due to fire and flood and all other legal requirements are followed;
- Take responsibility for driving through improvements in customer supply chain performance in line with corporate objectives
- Anticipate shortages, minimize write-offs and ensure proper stocks management. Accountable for targets as well as for specific KPIs in the supply chain (forecast accuracy, stock-outs, back-orders, inventory write-offs).
- Develop logistics relationship with customers for improved service and collaboration;
- Understand customer’s requirements so that distribution and delivery service levels are developed and maintain sales volume at the highest possible level;
- Liaise with the Regulatory team to ensure availability of company’s regulatory licenses/permits for products and special license for dealing with narcotic products
- Work on temporary projects as assigned and fulfill additional tasks within the field of Supply Chain, Logistics and Distribution
- Cooperate with the business squads in the area of Tenders, Sales terms and conditions (prices, rebates, payment terms etc.), customer service and inventory level.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Finance / Business related discipline
- CIPS or any relevant professional qualification
- 3-5 years of relevant sourcing experience
- 3-5 Supplier relationship management
- 3-5 Planning and inventory management
- Presentation and Communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Time management skills and ability to manage pressure
- Strong project management skills.
- High standard of business ethics
- Business Acumen & Entrepreneurial Spirit in challenging the status quo and suggesting new solutions to complex issues.
- Strong Business Partner Skills, ‘seating at the table’ with the internal and external customers/vendors.
- Capacity to swarm strategically and operationally across the business.
- Leadership experience in working with self-aligned teams seeking for fast implementation of solutions in uncertain environments.
- Negotiation skills and ability to build strong partnerships, internally and externally
- Enterprise mindset, connecting the dots and seeking for synergies that can concrete a bigger impact.
- Influence and communication skills that aim to share and absorb learnings and best practices across borders for the benefit of the entire organization.
- Proactivity to learn new concepts as going along the process as well as to find ways to continuously improve his/her capabilities.
Deadline: 6th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Leave a Reply