Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a motivated group of entrepreneurs and professionals with a diverse range of backgrounds all the way from the medical industry to the music business, all with unique skills we bring to the job.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Program Manager, Healthy Hearth Africa
Job ID: 2022-3542
Reports to: Head of Programs
- We are looking for an experienced Program Manager to manage a multi-state Hypertension Screening program (Healthy Heart Africa) across 18 states in Nigeria.
- The position will work with the program team at the Abuja headquarters and supervises 6 zonal program officers (1 in each geo-political zone) in Nigeria and reports to the Head of Programs. Sound like you? Read on.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Overall program management: The HHA Program Manager will lead PSI Nigeria’s efforts to define and implement the program’s indicators of success, develop teams’ capacity, and grow the culture of using routine monitoring data to continuously improve, and demonstrate accountability to our stakeholders.
- Provide overall oversight of the HHA project, including planning, budgeting and forecasting, implementation, reporting, and supervision.
- Serve as the lead liaison between all partners, including but not limited to the Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH), partner NGOs, CBOs etc
- Monitor and ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of all project activities and partners to ensure quality of service provision and alignment of priorities, including financial and programmatic oversight, administration and procurement, and regular on-site supervision visits
- Serve as the focal point for engaging in policy dialogue with the FMOH and SMOHs on key issues relevant to service delivery including participation in key national working groups on NCDs
- Lead quarterly work planning meetings with FMOH, zonal officers, state teams and CBOs including capacity building and technical assistance
- Oversee the development of high-quality reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervise HHA Zonal Program officers: Manage zonal officers leading the development and implementation of results framework and monitoring plans for tracking performance of the program at the Health Facilities, Local Governments, and States Ministries of Health.
- Data for performance management: Lead on implementation of a strategy to promote use of data to inform performance management decision-making by the zonal officers as they supervise implementation in each state.
- Information systems & technology innovation: Support implementation of information systems (in particular, DHIS2) to provide relevant, timely and high-quality routine monitoring data for the program.
- Leadership and management: Provide remote and in-person supervision of hypertension screening activities as well as manage the team in such a way that:
- Team members feel valued and have continuous capacity building.
- Routine program implementation, monitoring and budget management.
What Are We Looking For?
We are looking for someone with:
- Medical Degree from a recognized institution
- Master’s Degree (preferably in Public Health, Statistics, Project Management, or other health related areas) will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 11 years’ experience in project management
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing relationships with governmentsand other stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft suite
- Technical knowledge of Nigeria health system as well as solid understanding of hypertension related issues an advantage
- Language skills: Fluent English is essential.
- Ability to travel locally up to 40%.
- References will be required.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
The Candidate we hire will embody PSI’s Corporate Values:
- Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
- Pragmatism: You will strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You will not be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
- Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it is the only way you will learn and improve.
- Collaboration: You will quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you will not succeed.
- Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt.
- Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applications shall be reviewed on rolling bases.
- Due to high volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted.
- PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.