The Grant Management Unit, Lagos State Ministry of Health is currently recruiting suitable candidates for the Grant’s Chest X-Ray Program and PCR Laboratory in the position below:
Job Title: CXR Field Supervisor
Duration of Contract: 19 Months (June 2022 to December 2023)
Terms of Reference: GMU CXR Field Supervisor
Department: Permanent Secretary Office
Section: GF Grant Management Unit
Reporting to: CXR Project Coordinator
The Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMoH) is a Principal Recipient (PR) for Global Fund Grant comprising of Tuberculosis and Resilient Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH). As the Principal Recipient, the Ministry of Health is legally responsible for the management of the integrated grant ensuring achievement of the programmatic results and accountability of the grant financial resources.
To fulfil the mandate of the Principal Recipient, the Ministry of Health has established the Grant Management Unit (GMU) to carry out the functions of the PR. The Grant Management Unit works with other implementing units (TB and RSSH) within the LSMoH, Sub-Recipients (SRs) and other implementing partners in executing its mandate and ensuring that the grant is managed and implemented in compliance with grant agreement signed between the Global Fund and the Principal Recipient.
- The CXR Field Supervisor is to manage and oversee the performance of the field staff on Chest X-Ray operationalization on the TB grant in Lagos state.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Liaise with CXR Project Coordinator to ensure that the sites assessment and renovation process is well carried out.
- Supervise the staff that perform daily screening activities for TB with X- Ray Systems.
- Serve as the Lead Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) on the CXR component of the grant
- Serve as the main point of communication between the field staff and the office.
- Together with relevant stakeholders, create planned itineraries for the mobile X-Ray vans.
- Ensure timely submission of requisition for needed commodities across the CXR sites.
- Manage the work schedules and timecards of field staff.
- Provide guidance to on-site staff, contractors, and other parties engaged on the project
- Support the CXR Project Coordinator to ensure the CXR machines and other related equipment are well maintained.
- Ensure that safety policies are strictly adhered to.
- Review project field progress to ensure that deadlines are met. Ensure the CXR mobile vans are securely parked where their safety is guaranteed
- Support the CXR Project Coordinator for the overall success of TB grant implementation.
- Other duties as directed by the supervisor.
- A Health-related or Social Sciences Degree. Master’s Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology or Demography will be an added advantage
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in the implementation of public health programmes. Experience implementing field projects will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of the national TB guidelines especially with active case finding strategies in the community setting
- Experience with the use of digital X-Ray in the screening and diagnosis of TB in population settings
- Working knowledge of Computer-Aided Diagnosis for Tuberculosis (CAD4TB) system
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Tuberculosis pathology and epidemiology
- Strong analytical skills and creativity with experience in academic writing and data reporting and interpretation skills
- Advance training in Tuberculosis research and methodologies will be an advantage
- Experience leading small/medium teams/work groups
- Proficiency in MS office suite of applications.
Deadline: 12:00 PM: 28th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advanced to the next stage of the selection process.
- The successful candidates are expected to resume by June 2022.
Please note that the collected data will be used solely for the selection process. This process may include the following:
- Data Verification
- Reference checks
- Assessment of the qualifications and skills needed to perform the job you are applying for;
- Phone and email communication concerning the process
- Fulfilling legal regulations.