The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Internal Audit
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Department: Internal Audit
Summary of Duties
- The Director of Internal Audit reports to the President / Vice-Chancellor and is responsible for the day-to-day evaluation, internal control and performance audit of the University.
- S/he will carefully analyse reports, statements, and accounting software of the University to ensure accurate calculations.
- The Director of Internal Audit detects and reports any discrepancies within the University’s financial records.
- If an error has occurred, it is their duty to trace it back to the source and make recommendations to ensure more accurate accounting in the future.
- Also, the successful candidate will be responsible for an independent review and appraisal of the fiscal and administrative operations of the University.
- S/he implements direct and monitors auditing policies, procedures, and standards.
- The Director of Audit plans and conducts operational, financial and compliance audits to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls; Develops audit procedures and systems, oversees audit findings and recommendations; and Makes recommendations based on audit observations and monitors implementations of the same.
- S/he will work within policies included in state and federal law of Nigeria and administrative regulations of the University and perform special investigations as requested by the President/Vice-Chancellor, in addition to other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business with at least 5 years of relevant experience in Auditing
- Membership of a relevant professional body e.g. ICAN, ANAN, ACCA
- Possession of a higher degree will be an advantage
- Candidate must be computer literate with a knowledge of relevant packages
- Must have a thorough knowledge of all laws and regulations relating to accounting and practices.
Application Closing Date
1st June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and References as a single Word or PDF document to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Only candidates that fill out the application form and submit their resumes, cover letters and references as a single file to firstname.lastname@example.org will be CONSIDERED!
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion, and marital status. For more information on AUN, explore www.aun.edu.ng