Weststar Associates Limited is the authorized general distributor of Mercedes – Benz vehicles in the Federal Republic of Nigeria. As an extension of the renowned brand it represents in Nigeria, Weststar coordinates the manufacturer’s business activities including; Sales, Dealer Support, Fleet Management Support, Aftersales Services, Warranties, Marketing, Public Affairs, and Trainings. Founded in 2007, Weststar Associates Limited has increasingly grown from strength to strength in satisfying its clients and has garnered accolades worth mentioning.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Employment Type: NYSC
About the Role
- The Accounts Assistant will provide administrative support to the Finance and Controlling department.
- You will be working with the finance team to help maintain and smoothly run the accounts department as well as helping in general office duties from time-to-time.
- Will deal with purchase ledger and sales ledger duties in the accounts payable and receivable function.
- Create, send, print and follow up on invoices and updating invoice tracker.
- Perform daily cash receipts, deposits, invoices, expenses, reports and filing cash transactions.
- Will be responsible for bookkeeping tasks and proper filling of invoices.
- Assist with administering payroll and maintaining petty cash for the office.
- Reconcile any discrepancies or errors identified by conversing with employees and/or clients
- Assisting in month end closing of accounts.
- Adhere to the company’s or organization’s financial policies and procedures.
- Collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets.
- Communicate with all departments in ensuring invoices are approved and signed off.
- Using computerized accounting systems.
- Assisting with any other ad hoc duties as required by the General Manager.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field is required.
- Presently a National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) member.
- Experience in accounting operation is an added advantage.
- A computer literate with proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and spreadsheet software.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills.
- Good maths skills and ability to spot numerical errors.
- Familiarity with finance regulations and basic bookkeeping procedures.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Willingness to learn, work and be a team player.
- Analytical thinker and a problem solver.
Deadline: 9th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.