Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in the fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Commis
Job Number: 22087499
Location: Sheraton Abuja Hotel, Ladi Kwali Way, Abuja
Job Category: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Brand: Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type: Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
The Impact You’ll Make
- You hold yourself to a higher culinary standard and it is your attention to each preparation that keeps guests with us to dine.
- Working with a dedicated team of experts, you will learn something different every day as you work with new seasonal menus and unique presentations.
- Your hard work pays off when a dish that you’ve thoughtfully helped to prepare has guests raving and anxious to return.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Prepare fresh ingredients for cooking according to recipes/menu
- Cook food and prepare top-quality menu items in a timely manner
- Test foods to ensure proper preparation and temperature
- Operate kitchen equipment safely and responsibly
- Ensure the proper sanitation and cleanliness of surfaces and storage containers
What We’re Looking For
- Great teamwork skills and attention to detail
- Positive outlook and outgoing personality
- Previous kitchen experience is a big plus
Rewards for Work, Benefits for your Lifestyle
You’ll be supported in and out of the workplace through:
- Discounts on hotel rooms, gift shop items, food and beverage
- Learning and development opportunities
- Recognition programs
- Wellbeing programs
- Encouraging management
- Team-spirited colleagues.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This role requires the ability to move and lift up to 25 lbs. Standing, sitting or walking for extended periods of time and ensuring a professional appearance in a clean uniform are also required.
- Prior to employment, we’ll ask you to complete safety training and certification.
- Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.